Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,045
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Aimpoint Duty RDS

    Aimpoint Duty RDS (Red Dot Sight) Sight for Law Enforcement

    Designed for Law Enforcement

    Recessed lens protect against scratches and impact damage
    Waterproof windage and elevation adjustments sealed without the need for caps
    Always Ready
    Always On
    One piece torsion nut mount affixes optic securely to Picatinny rail
    Configured for absolute co-witness
    30,000 hours of continuous use on setting 7 (More than 3 years)
    Uses a standard CR2032 battery
    Side mounted battery compartment for easy access

    Name:  Aimpoint-Duty-RDS-Sight-for-Law-Enforcement-3.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  172.9 KB
    Name:  Aimpoint-Duty-RDS-Sight-for-Law-Enforcement-4.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  203.2 KB
    Name:  Aimpoint-Duty-RDS-Sight-for-Law-Enforcement-7-scaled.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  311.6 KB
    Name:  Aimpoint-Duty-RDS-Sight-for-Law-Enforcement-9-scaled.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  456.3 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,045
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Unfree State (MD)
    Posts
    2,724
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    How will they sell another T2?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,045
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    How will they sell another T2?
    When they sold the PRO, it killed off the M3 line. I think you raise a valid point.

    I saw that this will be in the $500 range, so I'm curious to see what the street price is. They're still selling H1's on the Aimpoint website for $475, and they ran out of $499 T1's. As long as they stay in the high 400's, I think the T1's and H1's are on their way out first.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Unfree State (MD)
    Posts
    2,724
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    They have $499 retail on their site. With the torsion nut mount. I figured they just dropped the NV capability like normal but they didn't.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newyorkistan
    Posts
    651
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Those look cool but not cool enough to get rid of my t2s. But if I need a new rds that'll be on my radar
    I'll wait til some YouTuber puts it through hell and it sees some real world use before I get excited.
    Wonder how the dot does with astigmatism

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,557
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Wonder how the dot does with astigmatism
    I was wondering that too. The T-2's lens treatment was a significant improvement over the T-1 for dealing with an astigmatism, especially when magnified. If this has that same treatment, then it's a home run.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,827
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    I barely had a T2 for two weeks, and this comes along... oh well, I wanted it and I got it.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newyorkistan
    Posts
    651
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I barely had a T2 for two weeks, and this comes along... oh well, I wanted it and I got it.
    T2 still has better specs and it's battle proven. This is like the Pro. It wasn't as tough, long lasting or as good as the M5 but it cost less so it took the M5 line out. I prefer my M5 over a pro. I would still prefer a t2 over this from what I'm seeing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,045
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    T2 still has better specs and it's battle proven. This is like the Pro. It wasn't as tough, long lasting or as good as the M5 but it cost less so it took the M5 line out. I prefer my M5 over a pro. I would still prefer a t2 over this from what I'm seeing
    The M5 is the AA battery micro.

    The PRO basically took the M3/ML3 line out, even though the M3 had a 50k battery life vs 30K for the PRO.

    I wish this optic was more like $399. That would have crushed the MRO in their price range. Still pretty good price considering the specs and the fact Aimpoint other offerings, the T1/T2/M5 have really gone up in price. The MSRP of the T2 is now $809. You can get upper end LVPO's for that.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newyorkistan
    Posts
    651
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ah yes my bad it is the m3.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,045
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Looking around Proven Outfitters has them in stock now for MSRP $499

    Aimpoint directly has them for $449 through their LE/MIL discount.

    The specs are lower than the T1/T2's but that's a pretty good starting price.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,662
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looking around Proven Outfitters has them in stock now for MSRP $499

    Aimpoint directly has them for $449 through their LE/MIL discount.

    The specs are lower than the T1/T2's but that's a pretty good starting price.
    Just curious about what exactly are the differences between the T2 and these. I'm not super versed in RDS specs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,827
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The M5 is the AA battery micro.

    The PRO basically took the M3/ML3 line out, even though the M3 had a 50k battery life vs 30K for the PRO.

    I wish this optic was more like $399. That would have crushed the MRO in their price range. Still pretty good price considering the specs and the fact Aimpoint other offerings, the T1/T2/M5 have really gone up in price. The MSRP of the T2 is now $809. You can get upper end LVPO's for that.
    Aimpoint has a good LE/Mil sale going on right now until Feb, and it's sitting at $449 with the torsion nut mount and spacer.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,887
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Wow, just $34 more than a Pro. Are the days of $350 Pros over? Haven't seen one that cheap in a long time.

    I never realized that vets qualified for the Aimpoint discount. I just created an account and upload my DD214. I might use that to pic up an ACRO later this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •