Downloads
    Uploads

Daniel Defense RIS III M-LOK

This is pretty cool. Daniel Defense is releasing an M-LOK RIS III rail so you can swap your quad for M-LOK without removing your barrel nut

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been mulling on whether I would get one of these when the rails are released as a stand alone later this year. I only have one MLOK rail and it's on a SR-25, and I appreciate the design, but it requires getting a bunch of new accessories to switch over. However, if I could shave off some ounces on my M4B2 RECCE, I might shoot it more often than just plink with it, which could be worth it.

I guess there's plenty of time to continue thinking about my options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I've been mulling on whether I would get one of these when the rails are released as a stand alone later this year. I only have one MLOK rail and it's on a SR-25, and I appreciate the design, but it requires getting a bunch of new accessories to switch over. However, if I could shave off some ounces on my M4B2 RECCE, I might shoot it more often than just plink with it, which could be worth it.

I guess there's plenty of time to continue thinking about my options.
    You could just use rail sections in the meantime, while you slowly upgrade to the M-LOK version of the mount/accessories. You'd still be shaving weight and profile, I'd think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay... a $450 MLOK rail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Plus now you have a $400 cheese grater sitting in the parts bin, so now you are down $850... On the plus side I would like to see some up close pics of their ambi lower.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yay... a $450 MLOK rail.
    He can unload the II and make out bigtime. Have enough left-over to buy a few M-Lok mounts..
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate rail sections. A big reason why the SMR never appealed to me. But you're right, it's an intermediate fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    He can unload the II and make out bigtime. Have enough left-over to buy a few M-Lok mounts..
    Bingo. It would still sell in the Cloner/LARP market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought RIS II's were restocked regularly starting in 2021? I know Weapon Outfitters had some as well as getting a few restock notices from the DD website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nobody looks for them anymore.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Nobody looks for them anymore.
    Other than cloners, you're right. Anyone that's not into the clone game, or got into AR's after like 2012 probably doesn't give a crap about RIS II's

Downloads
    Uploads
    Other than cloners, you're right. Anyone that's not into the clone game, or got into AR's after like 2012 probably doesn't give a crap about RIS II's
    You never really know what floats peoples' boats. The fact that Brownell's found a market for their BRN-16A1 amazes me.

I think the RIS II still holds up well against other newer options on the market for those that really need and value rigidity (e.g., for lasers). Short of monolithic options, I don't think it's been bested. Assuming this holds up to the RIS reputation, it could keep DD in the game in a meaningful way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought RIS II's were restocked regularly starting in 2021? I know Weapon Outfitters had some as well as getting a few restock notices from the DD website.
    I think it's when they aren't in stock and someone needs one, they become more valuable. I don't mean that they go for a premium price, but that you can get some money out of one. Honestly, I probably wouldn't sell mine anyway, as it's still a good rail for what it was.