Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and one final thing worth noting. There are two versions of the timer unit. One that can time down to .1 second accuracy and the other can go to 1 second accuracy.

If you purchase the one that goes to .1 second accuracy you will have a lot more wires and will use a secondary power input.

If you go with the one that goes to 1 second accuracy you can use a single power cord to power the timer unit and annealer at the same time. It's a much cleaner setup that way so that's the route I went.

In theory the .1 second accuracy is 'more accurate' but in my line of thinking it has too much adjustability to it, especially when the diameter of the coil itself makes such a huge impact on what is going on.

You can wire the 1 second model with an additional power supply OR just using the single extension cord for everything. With the more 'sensitive' model you will be using two power cords, two electric outlets etc. There is one option only.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I was thinking about getting a 1x2 and drilling holes as a shell holder so i could make a long single line of cases.

This might be my winter break project

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking about getting a 1x2 and drilling holes as a shell holder so i could make a long single line of cases.

This might be my winter break project
    I thought about doing that too but I've found that an aluminum reloading block works really good. Just load up the perimeter and spin it as needed.

Really short cases like 6ARC can sometimes sit fairly deep but I haven't ran into any major problems yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When it's time to get the parts and wire it up let me know. If you get the same model timer as me I will send you a correct wiring diagram.

It took me several days of trial and error to finally figure it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Parts ordered. I went with the DC timer so it's the same set up as in the video. I splurged $10 and got a project enclosure box. Should have everything by next Friday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got this all put together and working today. I hit a point with my 6mm Creedmoor brass that I needed to anneal before reloading so that tipped me over. Had to do a bit of trial and error on the coils as initially it was taking way to long, so wound tighter and added a coil and am now getting the glow at 4.4 seconds with the 6CM Petersen brass. Note that if you use the controller called out in the original video, you actually select between whole, tenths, or hundredths of seconds for the timer.

I load small batches for my precision guns so this will be great. Will need to leverage some of the tricks to keep the unit cool when I start annealing higher quantities.

Per my earlier post, I splurged a few bucks for an electronics enclosure:

Ended up using the skinny end of a 3/8" deep well socket to wind this one. I stuck the stock in a vice to hold it while I wound the wire around it.