Downloads
    Uploads

Ammo/commodity's

Not sure if you guys are seeing the writing on the wall but between commodity prices sky rocketing, inflation going through the roof, the ongoing war in Ukraine, ammo is going to get hard to find and prices are at their bottom now. I was hoping to see a further price drop from the last Biden/ammo scare but since so much in play right now I feel the bottom is in. Ammo is flying off the shelf since I have been watching it for the last few weeks and things are only going to get worse as the commodity prices escalate. I was running down on training ammo and was going to pick up a few cases but with the coming inflation I would rather stock up now than later. Yeah its pricey now but the manufacturers will be jacking up the prices on future runs to be able to make a profit which in turn will be felt by their distributors, dealers and the end users. Get what you need while you still can...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw that Remington is donating 1M rounds to Ukraine.

You're right though, inflation, commodity prices, already tight ammo supplies, and no russian ammo, it's going to be ugly for awhile.

Since the pandemic started, I have literally stopped shooting 5.56 all together. Gone are the heydays of shooting at least a case of rifle and pistol ammo per month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got one match left to shoot this year since I already paid for it. I think I’m done after that for a while. I’ll try to find components as I can but I’m not able to pay $80/lb of powder or $200/1k primers

Edit: I guess I CAN pay those prices but instead of getting 2-3lbs or 4K primers for the same money it’s really going to slow me down

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna order a case or 2 of 223/762x39 as my son just turned 21 and finally got his ar in his hands now.

Now those cases are a $100 more..
    Damnit

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like I'll be dipping into the .22 pile just to get some range time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I probably have only 10-15 years left I have enough rifle ammo to see me out. But it kills me to shoot the primo factory stuff at the range. Fortunately I long ago stocked up on enough reloading components for another 15-20K rounds.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been thinking about cashing out part of my IRA and putting it into tangibles. I’m not at a loss in terms of contributions versus total value but if we keep up this trend it won’t be too long

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Since I probably have only 10-15 years left I have enough rifle ammo to see me out. But it kills me to shoot the primo factory stuff at the range. Fortunately I long ago stocked up on enough reloading components for another 15-20K rounds.
    No way Phil,

You'll be around forever like FT.

My dad who is 76 now, keeps saying the same thing, has maybe 10 years left, but physically, he's still in great shape, is very mobile, and heck, helped me move almost all of my ammo. Here's to another 25 years man!