Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d like to get one but I’m probably going to get a 10.3/10.5” once my FN barrel gets a little more mileage

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I’d like to get one but I’m probably going to get a 10.3/10.5” once my FN barrel gets a little more mileage
    I've still got a few G receiver sets, sights and BCG. I may build a 10.3 like you're planning to. I'll wait for some range reports first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell us more about your build. I love my 10.5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Tell us more about your build. I love my 10.5.
    KAC SR-15 lower, Innovative Arms gas adjustable upper, FN 10.5” CHF 1:7, Geissele Mk14 9.5”, Geissele Airborne CH, Rainier Enhanced BCG, CMC trigger, TA44 ACSS ACOG, Mini-4 suppressor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice pistol.

How do you like that mini-ACOG? I've been wanting to try one out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Nice pistol.

How do you like that mini-ACOG? I've been wanting to try one out
    I love it with the ACSS reticle. With 1.5x, it’s like a narrow red dot with a BDC reticle. I’ve used it on steel out to 500yds stationary and with the moving target holds was making 100% hits on a 66% IPSC at 300yds going 3-4mph

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in the 10.3" barrel as well. Hoping it shows in stock soon.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Been looking to get a 10.3" upper, the near clone version, but it's perpetually backordered / out of stock. I know I've missed a few drops, but I feel uppers shouldn't be in a short suppy. Seems like there was nothing wrong with just sourcing DD barrels for this. I guess if I ran/owed a multi-million dollar operation, I'd run it the way I saw fit, instead of getting my advice from the internet.

Heh... totally forgot about those commercial 416 bolts gator!
    Bill's contract is active now, so he's surely sending every URGI upper he can get to the mil. You can either expect to wait for a good while, or else build your own. He sells the parts separately, and they're less of a pain to source. All you're doing by giving him a 30% premium is paying money he doesn't deserve since you can build it as good as his kids can.

I'm not going to buy a new Harley, or Gibson guitar, because they're selling you the next 30 years of equity (speculatively) IF the product is desirable by that time, and IF you haven't worn it out!
    Last edited by Joelski; 27 April 2022 at 14:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Bill's contract is active now, so he's surely sending every URGI upper he can get to the mil. You can either expect to wait for a good while, or else build your own. He sells the parts separately, and they're less of a pain to source. All you're doing by giving him a 30% premium is paying money he doesn't deserve since you can build it as good as his kids can.

I'm not going to buy a new Harley, or Gibson guitar, because they're selling you the next 30 years of equity (speculatively) IF the product is desirable by that time, and IF you haven't worn it out!
    I guess I just have no motivation to build anymore. These days I find it much easier to have it delivered already tested fired, in a box.

Then again I can't even find the motivation to complete and organize the gun room, so there's that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I guess I just have no motivation to build anymore. These days I find it much easier to have it delivered already tested fired, in a box.

Then again I can't even find the motivation to complete and organize the gun room, so there's that.
    I agree! Pack that shit up and send it to me for disposal and kiss that albatross goodbye!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got an email on the 10.5" barrel last week as "in stock" Not building anything right now so I'm not sure if they are still in stock... FWIW I used a 12.5" Triarc barrel on the last build and she is a tack driver. Well worth the few extra bucks. Seems to like everything I ran through it. 75g SGD- 62g TBBC- Wolf 5.56 FMJ brass cased.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put a 13.9” criterion on back order for a Centurion build. Wouldn’t mind a Geissele or even one of the new Griffin Armament barrels to go in my existing 10.5”. Guess I made it easier on myself by making it harder….if that makes sense

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put a 13.9” criterion on back order for a Centurion build. Wouldn’t mind a Geissele or even one of the new Griffin Armament barrels to go in my existing 10.5”. Guess I made it easier on myself by making it harder….if that makes sense
    Ah, I forgot about the new GA barrels...when I first looked at those, I wasn't that interested...but, just this morning I was tormenting myself about whether or not to buy a Colt 14.5 SOCOM for my Geissele Mk16 / URG-I-ish upper build. I really like the Cot SOCOM barrels, but like the idea of a mid gas from the DD, but I really don't get those silly government profile barrels. The GA 14.8 provides a close to SOCOM profile, mid-gas, and nitrided SS which in theory should give the best of both worlds for accuracy and durability. And since GA gives a generous military discount and actually has them in stock that might be my answer. Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got a 14.5" Geissele barrel. Now I just have to find a KAC URX nut wrench in stock to finish the damn thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Finally got a 14.5" Geissele barrel. Now I just have to find a KAC URX nut wrench in stock to finish the damn thing.
    https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/SR15-URX-...ench_p_57.html