Downloads
    Uploads

Pistol sights input

Help me decide if I should stick with what I'm used to or try something new.

All my Glocks have 10-8 performance green fiber optic front sight with 10-8 Performance U-notch, blacked out, serrated rear sight. I'm happy with them. But, I like to experiment and the relatively new Trijicon DI sight sets have caught me. Dual-illimunated front sight with tritium 2-dot, U-notch, serrated rear sight. Very similar to my 10-8 Performance set-up but adds Tritium. This will be for a Glock 26 Gen 5 with TLR-6 light/laser.

Anyone have any experience with the Trij DI's? I've seen some mixed reviews. Am I missing anything? I want to stick with U-Notch rear so that eliminates about 80% of the stuff on the market, and I don't want bit dots or shapes on the rear but I thought small tritium could be useful in low-light. I'm leaning towards the Trij just to try something new. Price is roughly equivalent. The Zev sights look pretty decent, too, but cost quite a bit more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing? Ok, then maybe I'll go ahead with the Trijicon so I can report back on my findings and we'll have something to talk about. I think the DIs have only been out for a year or so, so I'm guessing no one here has tried them, and the LEO types probably stick with your typical 3-dot tritium.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for U-Notches, the 10-8's you've been using are the best on the market. I think I still have a set of the ZEV's, but nothing special.

On the surface, I would say you can't go wrong with Trijicon, but over the years, I'm not sure that I really believe I need tritium night sights. If I'm shooting in low light, this day and age, I really need to use that light to ID my target, which has kind of negated my need for "night sights." As always, if you get the Trijicons, report back on what you think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What were some of the complaints with the new Trij DIs? Haven’t had a set of Trijicon night sights in a while and those were factory upgrades. Most of my upgraded irons are Dawsons on match pistols so I haven’t really spent much time researching day to day/EDC options

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    What were some of the complaints with the new Trij DIs? Haven’t had a set of Trijicon night sights in a while and those were factory upgrades. Most of my upgraded irons are Dawsons on match pistols so I haven’t really spent much time researching day to day/EDC options
    Brightness of the front fiber (not bright enough in day or night), paint easily stripping from the front dot insert if you use the options with painted circles around the fiber, and one comment about not liking how wide the front post is.

The Trij DI have a .160" wide front post that rests in a .169" wide U-notch and all my 10-8s are .125" wide front posts inside a .156" U-notch (the "middle aged eyes" set-up), so that would be a pretty big difference from what I'm used to.

Typing that out has me thinking I should stick with what I'm running on everything else, especially considering this is for an EDC setup. That's a really wide post on the Trij inside a relatively tight U-notch and I've never really believed in the need for tritium, anyway, for the reason UW highlights - you'll need enough light to ID your target which generally means you'll have enough light (splash) for the fiber. Sometimes I get an itch to do something different, but I think not this time after all. Thanks, fellas.