I bought 1K of the 124 grain RMR Nuke 9mm bullets recently. They were a smidge over 11 cents per bullet including shipping.

RMR basically redesigned their RMR MPR bullet, which looks identical to the Nuke bullet. What they claim though is it has better expansion than the MPR. Most people (as far as I can tell) use the MPR bullets for shooting matches and such so expansion is a non issue, but I guess there was a demand for cheap expanding bullets.

Today I finally got around to testing the expansion myself. I loaded a few rounds using 3.8 grains of Titegroup using the 124 grain Nukes. I then got a box and lined it with a garbage bag and filled it with water and shot it from about 3 yards out using my 365XL.

That is by no means a hot load, but look what I got below. I didn't chrono the shots but the main point is they will expand even out of a small gun. I would venture to say it was just under 1K fps.

To me those bullets are great to have for a sidearm during pig hunts/trapping/culling. You don't have to blow $1 per shot either. For the price it's pretty good.

Name:  IMGP3189.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  450.6 KB