Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Some MK12 Mod 0 action on the right…always a sucker for those

That’s an impressive collection. And I thought my reloading room was awesome

Your roomba needs to be armed so it can patrol the inside for you
    Heh.... we use 2 Roomba I3's one upstairs, one down. However, it can't get over the lip of the vault door. This roomba is like 12 years old, but refuses to die, so I got it out of storage and put it in the vault room just do clean up the space.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    How much longer you keeping the 235? Any upgrades in your future there?
    My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been eyeporking the Bronco, but like you, I can't justify it as long as my truck is running so well. My option is to put a couple grand into getting it back into tip-top condition for an 18 year-old truck with only 118k on it, or spend close to 60k for a new vehicle. I wouldn't bat an eye when I was younger, but am starting to see the benefits of life with no payments!

When the Raptor came out back in 2014-2015, I made the choice to wait a couple years to find a decent used one at much lower price, boy did that plan backfire! You can't find them, and when you do, they aren't down the 20k or so I expected them to be. We live in crazy times!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    My vehicle planning has been going on over 2 years now, I think. I wish I knew the answer.

My 4Runner is coming up on 150K, running fine and other than some paint dings and scrapes, in great shape for a 15 year old car. Which is why I kept dragging my feet on getting a new one...I didn't need one. I also commute 24,000 miles just for work in a year, so I hate to get something new and then run it into the ground right away. I try and off-set that with a rental car every so often, but it's still a lot of miles.

I was thinking about selling both the M235 and the 4Runner and getting a X3 M4.0, but it's just not the same kind of rough and tumble that the 4Runner is. It's not like I do serious off-road, but just a range trip where I have to trundle down a gravel/rutted road or move across a muddy or sandy field is not where a X3 should really be.

Plus, I worry if I sell my 235, I'll never get another car like that (or it will be a very long time) just due to sheer price and lack of necessity.

I have been eye-balling the Bronco Sport Badlands. I don't need a full-size Bronco, and I don't want a convertible, so the Sport looks like an interesting option. But as with everything else right now, availability is another variable.

So yeah, meanwhile I continue to be happy with what I have.
    I hear you. I used to have a 2000 4Runner Limited, one of the few cars I regret dumping back in the day. I don't think you can go wrong with that M40i though. Perfect blend of utility and performance. I don't think you'll miss the 235's performance if you had the M40i.

For me it's hard to justify buying anything new, because my current F15 X5 only has 19K miles on it. The wife has only turned over 20K on her '16 M235i. I guess after watching what BMW has done to the kidney grills lately, I need to get a current gen X5, before they ruin the brand. I was going to do it this year, but then I'm like ehhh, the chip shortage, which has not only increased prices, but limited some options on cars... pass for now. I also wanted to get some flat work and paver work for the house.

I guess circling around to the gunroom, Now that it's more or less done, you're right... now what? Other than move to a free state for some F/A's, I only have a handful of guns on my want list. I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes! I love those E46 series BMWs

The laguna seca blue M3 with black interior (or alpine white and cinnamon) and dark windows…yes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Yes! I love those E46 series BMWs

The laguna seca blue M3 with black interior (or alpine white and cinnamon) and dark windows…yes
    I'd love to get a E46 M3, but they are so overpriced right now, and anything you see that's remotely decently priced is roached out. I used to have a 2005 330CI with the ZHP Performance Package, I should have never sold that one either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still would love a Uni MOG. That one Magpul did years ago was tits!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ehh….I’d say tits are the last thing on that Mog lol skeeter bites

Thread derailed

Downloads
    Uploads
    I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.
    Not to derail the topic but what other things (other than cars and guns) do you enjoy and/or are interested in? I'm pretty much a proponent of diversity within reason when it comes to interests and hobbies.

For me I really enjoy travel but for the past couple of years I refused to even consider it. I will not be paying for a covid test to get on or off an airplane period.

I like photography as well but I haven't been traveling so I haven't been taking as many photos lately.

I've been thinking about saving up for property and house but to be honest it seems like a waste since it's just me so I am hesitant to make it a primary goal. In regards to that the goal is to pay cash which I think is doable for sure but I am not sure just yet if I really want to do that. Assuming I can get enough saved up to just buy outright, ideally I would want to have enough for the homestead to be self sufficient (should I ever buy land and all that) so that I would still have the flexibility to take off and travel if or when I wanted to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you. I used to have a 2000 4Runner Limited, one of the few cars I regret dumping back in the day. I don't think you can go wrong with that M40i though. Perfect blend of utility and performance. I don't think you'll miss the 235's performance if you had the M40i.

For me it's hard to justify buying anything new, because my current F15 X5 only has 19K miles on it. The wife has only turned over 20K on her '16 M235i. I guess after watching what BMW has done to the kidney grills lately, I need to get a current gen X5, before they ruin the brand. I was going to do it this year, but then I'm like ehhh, the chip shortage, which has not only increased prices, but limited some options on cars... pass for now. I also wanted to get some flat work and paver work for the house.

I guess circling around to the gunroom, Now that it's more or less done, you're right... now what? Other than move to a free state for some F/A's, I only have a handful of guns on my want list. I probably have to branch out a bit on other hobbies that I've just kind of dabbled in over the years. One thing I want to do is find a decent shape E46, 2002-2005ish and fix it up for a daily driver. Those were my favorite BMW's of all time. I guess I just need to find more hobbies that don't involve just accumulating stuff. The older I get the more I realize I need to dump stuff at some point instead of collect it.
    I've driven a M40 once and it was very impressive, but at the end of the day, it's a highly engineered machine and bouncing down a rutted trail/road isn't what it was designed to do, or at least not for long, which is why I can't justify it replacing my 4Runner. Like you guys, my 235 only has around 21K on it, so other than paint chips on the nose from interstate driving, it's in cherry condition.

I ran the pre-COVID numbers a couple of years ago and even if I sold both cars to help pay for the X3, I'm still paying out a huge amount of money. My practicality just gets in the way.

I almost got a E46 ZHP right before they were discontinued. For the time, that was a great little sports car, it just had a lot of older tech in it by the time I would have bought it (suspension, engine, etc). I ended up getting a model refreshed Z4 (with the E90 engine) instead because I just couldn't get excited about the E90 look. I'm not a convertible guy, but that was still a fun and simple car, and the hard top I bought for it really gave it a unique look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Need to work on the cable management, but it definitely doesn't suck lounging here and playing a few games.

Name:  IMG_6094.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  968.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Suck sign ideas for your vault door:

The suck stops here
    No suck beyond this point
    Suck free zone
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. If I had your money, I'd burn mine.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Room is more or less cleaned up now and dialed in, exactly how I want it.

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_7379.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  355.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, that looks AWESOME!!!