Downloads
    Uploads

First "Glock" build. Need help troubleshooting.

I just put together my first Glock clone build. I will first give you the specs.

1. The frame is a stock PSA Dagger frame with no modifications (G19 Size)
    2. LEO Precision Oden Slide
    3. AIM Surplus Slide completion kit
    4. True Precision Stainless threaded fluted barrel

Now, this thing really is a shooter. First pull of the trigger, dead center of the target. After some practice with it I was able to shrink my groups to the limits of my current capabilities.

After about 250 rounds I have had the following intermittent issues.

1. Failure of complete extraction (about 5-6 times out of the 250 rounds)
    2. Failure for the trigger to reset (about 5 times out of the 250 rounds)

For both issues, they didn't crop up until I had already put over 100 rounds through it. So post "initial" break in phase.

What I think is going on...I think that since I have a significantly lightened slide, that my slide is cycling too fast and may be causing both issues. My slide has significant lightening cuts and has an RMR cut but I am not running an optic to add the weight back to the slide. I think I may need a lighter recoil spring?

I did take it to my local tactical gun store and ran the issue by them. They looked at the extractor and said that that looks good and is actually a bit tighter than a stock glock and they don't think that is the issue. They tended to agree with me that both these issues could possibly be caused by my recoil spring being too heavy for the slide.

Before I jump down the rabbit hole I want to get other opinions about what might cause these issues. And if you also think that the recoil spring is the issue, what products do you recommend to replace the spring.

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I consider an "initial break in" around 1000 rounds. I would strip it down, clean it up and run it "wet". Do some dry firing after that to see if you can simulate the trigger not resetting. Rack, dry fire, repeat for 50 times or so and pay close attention to the slide interfacing with the lower, something maybe hanging up and some gunsmithing may be needed. Also rack the slide all the way back slowly, let it release slowly riding it forward several times real slow, you will be able to feel if somethings hanging up. Dont rule out possible limp wristing on the failure to extract, my glock does it when I am focused on everything else but my grip. What ammo were you using? If it was just training ammo I would run a box of your SD ammo as well to get more reference points...
    Last edited by Stone; 17 August 2022 at 14:07.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually just contacted PSA and they are going to review it, but they said to send it in for repair. It seems that failure to reset on some PSA dagger frames has been happening...

Does not happen when dry fire but I will continue to run the slide to confirm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I found this...

The Dagger™ trigger may fail the (dry fire) Trigger Reset Function Check on page 21 of the Dagger™ manual with both a complete Dagger™ pistol and a complete Dagger™ frame paired with an OEM Glock G19 gen3 or aftermarket upper / slide. Refer to the Trigger Reset Function Check Failure (TRFCF).

To fix the TRFCF, PSA redesigned the Dagger™ trigger by bending the sear of the cruciform up slightly, improving the engagement with the firing pin lug.

On October 12, PSA founder Jamin McCallum stated the fix for the TFRCF (assumed to be limited to the redesigned trigger) had been incorporated into production, however, Jamin didn’t give a specific date or Dagger™ serial number after which the fix would’ve been incorporated. Therefore, we assume the fix for the TRFCF was incorporated into production no later than October 12.

It’s important that you:

1. Check the sear engagement of your Dagger™ trigger using an armorer’s plate. This is especially important if you’re pairing a complete Dagger™ frame with an OEM Glock G19 gen3 or aftermarket upper / slide.​

2. Repeatedly perform the (dry fire) Trigger Reset Function Check.​

If your Dagger™ trigger visually exhibits poor sear engagement using an armorer’s plate or fails the (dry fire) Trigger Reset Function Check, contact PSA Customer Service,

Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm EST​
    Phone: (803) 724-6950​

or,

Message PSA Customer Service​

PSA will E-mail you a pre-paid shipping label to return your Dagger™ pistol or frame in order to install the redesigned trigger, improving the safety and reliability of your complete Dagger™ pistol or your custom build based on a complete Dagger™ frame.

Be safe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully they get it straightened out for you...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.