Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Enclosed Emitter RDS vs Traditional

I am considering swapping out my current pistol red dot (507k X2) for one of the newer fully enclosed EPS Carry versions (also from Holosun).

Keep in mind I'm not being a latest and greatest gear guy. I however was thinking about replacing the one I have now and moving the "old one" to a new gun.

I will need to get a second optic one way or another so that's really a moot point. It's really just a matter of what I ultimately will get.

What I am asking about is, in your opinion are fully enclosed optics really that much better than the traditional designs? If given the chance to go with a fully enclosed optic would you do so and why or why not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the 507K not doing it's job? Or just peace of mind?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It's doing its job just fine. I am planning on putting a red dot on a second pistol that has the exact same footprint as 507k and one of the new enclosed dots.

I will need to buy another optic regardless so my options are as of now to get another 507K or get one of the new enclosed ones.

I'm kind of wondering/asking if for an EDC if the enclosed one would offer any major benefits (or not) which would possibly dictate what I buy in the end.

The new pistol will be a P322 so whatever I use on that is fine. The thought process as of now is, since I already have a 507k to move it over and put an enclosed one on my EDC.

Before I do it though I was wondering if anyone had anything major to say good or bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    About the only pros that I can think of is the enclosed one will help with stuff not getting in the optic and/or maybe fogging issues.

It's not going to be a common thing but it will be a lot more likely that I will have my EDC with me even in really bad weather hence the idea of the enclosed dot.

That said I've never had a single problem with my 507k.