Downloads
    Uploads

New build w/question

Recently I've been working on a "build" on a AP rifle. I bought a complete, minus, BCG and charging handle. I bought a stripped AP lower, with the Gadson snake. Bought the lower parts and ready to assemble everything, just waiting for a buffer tube and stock. Was/am going to buy an Aimpoint T1 or T2 for optics. A buddy of mine asked me what optic I was going to use, and I told him the above.

Then he gave me one of these, https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...dot-sight.html . Swore up and down that they were great, especially for the money. I read the spec's on these and it sounded almost too good to be true. I think I'll try one on my "new" rifle. Any input/comments/pro/or negative comments welcome. Once I finish the rifle (going to order a BCM stock) I'm still open to buying another aimpoint as they have served me well over the years.

1. FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sig Romeo 5 is great for a $100-$125 optic. I'm pretty sure they are made by Holosun, so, good reputation for Chinese made stuff and Estonia even bought Holosun for their fancy LMT piston rifles. They are not Aimpoint so I generally don't use them on the weapons I'd grab first if my life depended on it. Functionally the only minor thing I don't care for is that they use "soft" buttons and I prefer the dials so I can quickly adjust to exactly where I want to go. So, I actually prefer the Vortex Sparc just a little bit over the Romeo 5.

Consider the new "Duty" RDS from Aipoint before you buy a T1/2.

Generally, though, I've come to prefer HWS (EOTech) over RDS, but one of my favorite carbines sports a T1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go with the Aimpoint Duty RDS instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd go with the Aimpoint Duty RDS instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    The Sig Romeo 5 is great for a $100-$125 optic. I'm pretty sure they are made by Holosun, so, good reputation for Chinese made stuff and Estonia even bought Holosun for their fancy LMT piston rifles. They are not Aimpoint so I generally don't use them on the I'd grab first if my life depended on it. Functionally the only minor thing I don't care for is that they use "soft" buttons and I prefer the dials so I can quickly adjust to exactly where I want to go. So, I actually prefer the Vortex Sparc just a little bit over the Romeo 5.

Generally, though, I've come to prefer HWS (EOTech) over RDS, but one of my favorite carbines sports a T1.
    Yes, I'm going with an Aimpoint one way or the other. Their "design" just fits my eyes and vision and target acquisition feels much faster and accurate, or at least it seems to me to be.I was just curious about the Sig and curious if anyone knew anything about the Sigs. I may even have an extra T1 in the safe, on a gun I haven't shot for a few years, I can just pop off, for now. Just thought I'd try the SIG, or give it a bit of a run since my bud just gave me a brand new free one, and show a little appreation. But the aimpoints just seem to be perfect for me. And surprisingly, through the years and different models, I've never had a single issue or have not broken one.
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 11 September 2022 at 21:06.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper