Thread: 183 Yard OIS

Downloads
    Uploads

183 Yard OIS

Just wanted to share an OIS video from my department. Officer hits the suspect at 183 yards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. In the narration it says the guy was hit twice, once by officers and once when he offed himself. I am guessing based on the footage that after he was hit he decided to end it. The footage cuts out some of the key stuff, as in based on the audio, after the guy shot him and when the apparent 'second shot' took place.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a hard time understanding how folks come to decision to shoot at police. I'm guessing he was emotionally amped up and in a bad head-space given the domestic call that prompted the response in the first place.

Separately, that sure looks like the officer's carbine is based on a Aero Precision M4E1 receiver set. Does Tacoma PD buy from the local guys, or do officers make individual purchases / decisions? 183 yds with a red dot during a high stress situation is impressive shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Wow. In the narration it says the guy was hit twice, once by officers and once when he offed himself. I am guessing based on the footage that after he was hit he decided to end it. The footage cuts out some of the key stuff, as in based on the audio, after the guy shot him and when the apparent 'second shot' took place.
    OIS's are investigated by another agency in our state, so unfortunately, they control the edits. Overall, they didn't cut out a lot that wasn't relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I have a hard time understanding how folks come to decision to shoot at police. I'm guessing he was emotionally amped up and in a bad head-space given the domestic call that prompted the response in the first place.

Separately, that sure looks like the officer's carbine is based on a Aero Precision M4E1 receiver set. Does Tacoma PD buy from the local guys, or do officers make individual purchases / decisions? 183 yds with a red dot during a high stress situation is impressive shooting.
    In our Department, SWAT officers are issued Aero M4E1 11.5" SBR's. Patrol gets S&W M&15's with 16" barrels. My unit has 11.5" BCM SBR's though. About 10 years ago we went away from individual purchased rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic shot; he knew his hold with that optic with the given zero.

Would be curious if it was a 25yd zero or a 50/200 and what ammunition is being used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was impressed how he rolled up, put is coffee down, walked to the back of his vehicle while taking fire, casually pulled out his rifle, raised it and braced it against the vehicle, and fired one shot.

It was just like hey, just a day's work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Fantastic shot; he knew his hold with that optic with the given zero.

Would be curious if it was a 25yd zero or a 50/200 and what ammunition is being used.
    50 yard, and 64gr Winchester Ranger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    50 yard, and 64gr Winchester Ranger.
    So basically a dead hold and he’d only be an inch or so high. Well done

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a righteous shoot. Officer calmly puts his coffee up on the dash, grabs his weapon and brings down the shooter with a single shot. I'm thinkin' this guy's done that a time or two, maybe in a different uniform. Hats off for the training needed to keep those skills ready to go, and for bringing everybody home at the end of the shift.

This video elsewhere cuts off after the shot. Officer never raises his voice, stays ice cool, hr probably never made it over 60 bpm. The only thing missing was whistling a tune on the way to punch the BG's card. Fucking impressive.

PS: 36 yd zero owns the rest. Gives you the tightest spread of bullet drop over 300 yds.

PPS: AFG is backwards. The shooter wasn't Medic was it?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The shooter wasn't Medic was it?
    These days the only thing that he has backwards are his finances

I laugh every time people mention the coffee.... he only had his coffee in hand and then puts it on the dash because of the lack of cup holders in that rig. LOL