Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went back and was reading, forgive me if I missed it but if you're wanting to reverse a lens for macro and it's not got a manual aperture you can use one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I went back and was reading, forgive me if I missed it but if you're wanting to reverse a lens for macro and it's not got a manual aperture you can use one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I learned something new... Will be ordering one very soon. After I recover from the SL1 purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Thanks CS!

Ok so tell me if I did ok! I got to looking around and my wife reminded me I had some Dell giftcards that we're going to expire soon. So I get up there and find what I feel is a pretty good package deal.

They had a Canon SL1 with 18-55mm IS STM lens and EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens. Added a small bag and a Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens all for $880 shipped before I threw in a few hundred in GC's. I also get 10% back on the $880. So total cost to me was $620.

Edit: The D40 was given to me but ill pass it on to someone else is in need as I just didn't feel it would meet my expectations. I've been wanting one of my own anyway and it didn't take much convincing on my part with the wife. I told her I guess I could take pics of the kids too... Hehe
    I don't know much about Canon, since I'm a Nikon shooter, but I'm sure that'll be a nice setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    I don't know much about Canon, since I'm a Nikon shooter, but I'm sure that'll be a nice setup.
    Thanks CS!! What do you use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That canon will serve you good for a number of years til you have the skills for a more expensive body. I know we discussed this but I'll reiterate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing! Wishlisted for now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Thanks CS!! What do you use?
    Nikon D700

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    Nikon D700
    Datsa nice!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So my new 40mm f/2.8 STM lens came in today. Still waiting for the SL1 and my 50mm f/1.8. Hopefully in the next few days they'll show up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool! Can't wait to see some pics
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool! Can't wait to see some pics
    Camera will be here Wednesday. 50mm Thursday. Many Pics will ensue!! I still say that's not too shabby of a pic with an iPhone 6!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a quick snap with my phone of my "lightbox" thanks to jerry at the beginning of this thread. Seems to work quite well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome tread! I have got A LOT to learn about taking photos!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay guys, I need some help. I decided to get into photography here recently and I've been taking amateur photos with an iPhone 6 for a couple weeks. My dad just gave me his old Canon Rebel XTI and I need help setting it up. I put together a lightbox earlier with 1" PVC and four 8.5 and two 5.5 inch lights with 100W 5000K bulbs. I took the first couple photos on "Flash-Off" and it was way too dark. Then I switched to Manual and tried adjusting a few of the settings, mainly the exposure, but couldn't really figure out a combination that worked. The image kept coming out very blurry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know if you need any more info from me in order to help.

Thanks,
    Josh

Downloads
    Uploads
    If not using a tripod, turn up your shutter speed, open the aperture and turn up ISO. Go from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    david@damagephotos.com