I take it everyone here is pretty much a carnivore. If you want to up your cooking game read on. I bought myself a Christmas present this year, a sous vide cooker. It's a little device about the same size as a hand blender but it has a heating element, a timer, and a little engine to circulate the water. The one I bought is in the link below.

https://anovaculinary.com/products/a...ion-cooker-pro

Anyway typically I like to cook (when I have time) but this thing is something else. I cooked my first steaks with the little machine tonight and daaamn it was PERFECT. If you are not a good cook, or you just like to eat good stuff definitely consider one of those little devices. By the time it was all said and done my steaks could have been on the cover of any food publication. And the thing is you can just put the steaks on and go mow the lawn. It is pretty much cheating, but I couldn't be happier with the results.

Basically you put your steaks/meat/whatever into a zip lock bag and get as much of the air out as possible. Then you have a container with some water in it and once it gets up to temperature you drop the bag in the water and go off to watch football or something. The cooker will maintain the water temp down to the tenth of a degree (or something like that). When the timer goes off it will shut off the heating element and you just take the steaks out and gently pat them dry with a paper towel. You can finish them on the stove (1 minute each side) to make a crust or you can put them on the grill to get the wood/charcoal flavor in there.

I have to look into it some more, but I think you can even use frozen steaks as well and get excellent results. Just season the steak before putting it up in the freezer and you don't even have to thaw it out. Just drop it in and go. It's about as difficult as using a toaster.

The real trick is knowing what temperatures are the best for whatever you are cooking. The same thing for the time you cook them for. They say steaks should not go beyond 4 hours but anywhere from one to two hours is fine. Up to four hours and no harm will be done. Other types of meat will probably be different.

The one thing that they do say can happen is if you buy really thin cuts of meat that they won't turn out as good. That's fine because I never get thin cuts anyway.

It really can't be any easier, but the results were stellar. If you are looking for a last minute gift for yourself or someone else this is HIGHLY recommended.

Sorry. No pictures. I ate the evidence.