Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Fort Tom

Just wanted to let you guys know Fort Tom had to get emergency Quadruple by-pass open heart surgery sometime just after the new year. He told me he is out of the hospital but will need to get another surgery in about 4 weeks. Send out some prayers and lets try to keep it cheerful as I know some joking around in this thread will get him to post up here. UW has a special way of getting FT going...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jim is a great friend of the forum and just a good dude in general. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jim,
    I know you will be on the mend for awhile; but you will do great. I had the OH Quad in January of 2009. I was very fortunate. The two Cardiac Teams from Emory, that teach OH Surgery, were on-site for other operations. Both teams pushed their scheduled ops, and worked on me. They cut me on a Friday, I went home the following Monday.

One suggestion ............................... try really hard NOT to sneeze. Ask how I know

Prayers, and good thoughts, for a very speedy recovery coming your way.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jim, you jamoke, good to see you up and running.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    UW has a special way of getting FT going...
    Ha! I do have a special way to getting people worked up at work as well... usually get them going into a full on spinner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here’s to speedy healing, FT!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was amazed at the advances in bypass surgery 30 years ago when my dad had the quad. He lived to a ripe old age. That tech must seem like the middle ages these days with all the miniaturization and robotics.

Prayers for Fort Tom to be back charging hard after the next operation.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Jim,
    I know you will be on the mend for awhile; but you will do great. I had the OH Quad in January of 2009. I was very fortunate. The two Cardiac Teams from Emory, that teach OH Surgery, were on-site for other operations. Both teams pushed their scheduled ops, and worked on me. They cut me on a Friday, I went home the following Monday.

One suggestion ............................... try really hard NOT to sneeze. Ask how I know NO SHIT!. I do know. I think I would prefer death over sneezing. A sharp cough is a close second. Puking would definetly kill me.

Prayers, and good thoughts, for a very speedy recovery coming your way.
    Thanks, Jerry.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ha! I do have a special way to getting people worked up at work as well... usually get them going into a full on spinner.
    Yeah, you'd probably kill me if you could find me....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder when it's to early to ask the Doc when it's o.k. to have a good solid 4 fingers of Woodford Reserves again. In moderation of course. It should help keep my heart nice and disinfected, huh?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dude, that's pretty much any know-it-all, fetus dickwad. This youngest generation has the worst problem taking advice, or (God forbid!) instructions from a person older than 35. And when they have to take instruction in the form of orders, you can see them seething and chewing their tongues off. We had a thing called angst when I was a kid, but damn, these sissies need safe spaces when receiving the slightest critique!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jim!

How the hell are ya doing? I hope life is treating you well, you know you could back down to three fingers and form a post once in a while to let us know you're still tromping around. In fact, go 4 fingers AND post. This forum could use a little kick in the butt!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent him a PM earlier this week but havent heard back from him yet... I bet he is resting up from his last surgery.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just heard from Jim and he said he is doing well now...