Thread: Something new

Downloads
    Uploads

Something new

I forgot, that when I get home, I have a whole new rifle waiting to be assembled, check that, bought the upper complete, but what ever, and as usual, I was going to mount another Aimpoint of some kind or another. Been using them for about 15 years or so, especially up to the PRO sized group which I find perfect, for me. I also have an "if it ain't broken...." type of attitude.

But the other side of me says don't be so boring, step out and try something new. This will be a typical 300 - 500 yard gun, 5.56, urban "hold out" gun. Without getting bizarre, is there anything someone might recommend as a competitor with myself, and a lot of fun to try. Only mandatory things would probably be a 3 mil red dot, and fairly waterproof to a reasonable depth and time. Cost is relative and not most important criteria, but nothing "stupid crazy" expensive. Approx. $500 give or take a buck or two would be cool but not imperative.

Minute of man, smaller game (deer) rabbit etc. would be intended use and accuracy requirement. Mostly new, fresh and fun and something to get excited about would be perfect.
    I'm going to have lot's of time on my hands for a while, so I could take my time with it. Absolute co-witness would be perfect.

Any thoughts, recommendations, sights you might want to sell, etc, or comments you'd want to share?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I've been wanting to try out a Vortex UH-1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steiner OPMOD 1-4 LPVO, nuclear bright red dot and made here in the US. Definitely punches above it's price point.

Optics Planet is selling right now for $499.

I have ACOG's and other much nicer things. This LPVO from Steiner is definitely not below me and has been on my radar for a few months. Probably going to put a QD one piece to mount on and then place on my URX4. Either a Larue, Scalarworks, or a Midwest Industries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Steiner OPMOD 1-4 LPVO, nuclear bright red dot and made here in the US. Definitely punches above it's price point.

Optics Planet is selling right now for $499.

I have ACOG's and other much nicer things. This LPVO from Steiner is definitely not below me and has been on my radar for a few months. Probably going to put a QD one piece to mount on and then place on my URX4. Either a Larue, Scalarworks, or a Midwest Industries.
    This is the only Steiner 1-4 OPMOD I can find…it’s $699

https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...flescopes.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    This is the only Steiner 1-4 OPMOD I can find…it’s $699

https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...flescopes.html
    Well shoot, that had to have been recent because as of last night it was still showing at $499.

Sorry.