Downloads
    Uploads

Cam Lok vs EZ Lok

I saw a few videos on this subject and searched around and didn't see it discussed (not that I could find).

I have been using the Cam Lok system for quite a while now. I got it before the EZ Lok was released or I probably would have gone EZ from the get go. Anyway I haven't had much problem with the Cam Lok, but I have had a scare or two when other people were shooting my guns. Just to be clear I am not at all saying Cam Lok is a bad product. In fact quite the opposite. I just think the EZ Lok fits my needs better and I think it is/can be made to be a more secure system, especially when teaching people to shoot.

After watching a few videos on it I decided to go ahead and try it out. Odds are I will swap over to the EZ Lok system because of a perceived more secure system, especially when novice shooters are involved. Cam Lok takes about 1/4 of a turn to mount. EZ Lok takes about 2.5-3 turns. If it ever does loosen up those few extra spins are insurance. Plus I can probably use teflon tape, or thread sealant, or maybe even blue lock tite on the EZ Lok. Same steps could be taken if shooting out at night or whatever when you visually might not be able to notice something is wrong.

Simply put, it seems like more insurance is available with the EZ vs Cam system.

From time to time I teach people to shoot so the EZ Lok is the way forward if for no other reason that I want to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Here are a couple of videos that I've been watching.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was an early cam lok user, I’ve now switched entirely over to ez lok, not quite as fast but far more secure and user friendly.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I was an early cam lok user, I’ve now switched entirely over to ez lok, not quite as fast but far more secure and user friendly.
    Same here. My EZ stuff arrived today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Cam Lok has worked for me, but there are definitely some things to consider with it.

For me I've never had a problem with it, that is when I am the one shooting.

About a year ago I got scared big time when my cousin was shooting and the cam lok came loose. Fortunately he had enough sense to stop shooting so no biggie.

Flash forward to a couple of weeks ago and I was teaching someone to shoot. The cam lok came loose again but this time I got a baffle strike.

I guess not everyone has the same grip strength or recoil management. In both instances it led to the can coming loose with the cam lok.

First impression is the EZ system is better for me. Honestly if they had the EZ system back when I would have gotten that from the get go.

Smaller or weaker shooters or people who limp wrist can cause problems with the cam lok. If someone has better shooting techniques then cam lok is fine. I never had it loosen on me very much at all. The two different times that I had relatively new or novice shooters with me though in both instances it came loose.

Anyway I will be sending my can in for repairs pretty soon. It's not a horrible big strike but big enough to damage the cones on a few baffles.