Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was the forum down???

Or has my wifi gone full retard???
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was down for quite a while. A few days at least. Glad it's back up now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a couple of days until Dorsey could fix it.

Some upgrades are needed to the forum, but at this point, we're not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze based on how forums are a dying breed.
    We'll keep you guys updated. I appreciate the regulars. I've been swamped at work, and it's been hard to make a presence here myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    For a couple of days until Dorsey could fix it.

Some upgrades are needed to the forum, but at this point, we're not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze based on how forums are a dying breed.
    We'll keep you guys updated. I appreciate the regulars. I've been swamped at work, and it's been hard to make a presence here myself.

Oh no! Don’t kill WEVO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forums are dying? What's replacing them. Does this mean I'm a boomer if I still do the forums on the interwebs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where do I need to donate to, to help with electric bills?

This place is refreshing and new people like me are treated with respect. it's also not arfcom and it's not M4C. Some really good members in both but those whom aren't, make both places unbearable because of the insufferable types IMO. So there's my $.02 on wanting this place to stay. But I would understand if the place shuts down.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 26 March 2023 at 00:26. Reason: Didn't mean to swear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Where do I need to donate to, to help with electric bills?

This place is refreshing and new people like me are treated with respect. it's also not arfcom and it's not M4C. Some really good members in both but those whom aren't, make both places unbearable because of the insufferable types IMO. So there's my $.02 on wanting this place to stay. But I would understand if the place shuts down.
    We're not going to shut it down anytime soon. We still have a solid core group of guys that hang out here that I wouldn't want to just pull the plug on.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I ended up leaving arfcom because of the signal to noise ratio. I still lurk on m4c, but that place isn't as spicy as it used to be. One of the benefits of being smaller, we don't have the pissing matches here that bigger sites do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    We're not going to shut it down anytime soon. We still have a solid core group of guys that hang out here that I wouldn't want to just pull the plug on.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I ended up leaving arfcom because of the signal to noise ratio. I still lurk on m4c, but that place isn't as spicy as it used to be. One of the benefits of being smaller, we don't have the pissing matches here that bigger sites do.
    I was never impressed with arfcom. It's just as you described and worse. A lot of forums have similar or worse problems. On the other hand why do you think places like Sniper's Hide gets as much traffic as they do? I have a couple of thoughts on it but I am curious as to what you think?

In general I think a whole lot of people have been turned off by the ARFCOMs of the world. And while that was happening social media as a whole was on it's rise. Generally speaking for quite a long time it was extremely easy to just create a group on Facebook or whatever and find like minded people that way.

I also think social media as it was previously known is definitely in a decline. Five years from now there will be tons more people having the conversation of 'do you remember when you used to have a Facebook account?' type of stuff. Especially with the way things are going now I think forums will have a much better opportunity--that is if they position themselves correctly, which leads back to the question about Sniper's Hide...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Facebook is the MySpace of today. Forums are the rock of social discourse dating back to ASCII bulletin boards and then AOL and CompuServe. I'm thankful for the TOS's and facebook groups of the internet, as they keep the derp out of our little sandbox.

IOW: If I want to stop at average and "just get a Colt". yeah, I'd call it a day with those other places. I enjoy the banter over here, and the fellowship we share and I'd hate to see that go away.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad it was just a glitch and the forum wont be shutting down. I avoid twatter and farcebook like a plague, it seems like its a place for the folks who cant play nice on a regular forum... Rule #5- Never argue with anyone who is not in the same room as me.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I was never impressed with arfcom. It's just as you described and worse. A lot of forums have similar or worse problems. On the other hand why do you think places like Sniper's Hide gets as much traffic as they do? I have a couple of thoughts on it but I am curious as to what you think?

In general I think a whole lot of people have been turned off by the ARFCOMs of the world. And while that was happening social media as a whole was on it's rise. Generally speaking for quite a long time it was extremely easy to just create a group on Facebook or whatever and find like minded people that way.

I also think social media as it was previously known is definitely in a decline. Five years from now there will be tons more people having the conversation of 'do you remember when you used to have a Facebook account?' type of stuff. Especially with the way things are going now I think forums will have a much better opportunity--that is if they position themselves correctly, which leads back to the question about Sniper's Hide...
    A couple of thoughts on SH: 1) long distance shooting / PRS etc isn't a poor man's game and you can't do it in your mom's basement, and 2) you have to be a paid member to list things for sale. Those both combine to create an "invisible fence" that keeps rif-raf and the arfcom mall ninjas away.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    A couple of thoughts on SH: 1) long distance shooting / PRS etc isn't a poor man's game and you can't do it in your mom's basement, and 2) you have to be a paid member to list things for sale. Those both combine to create an "invisible fence" that keeps rif-raf and the arfcom mall ninjas away.
    Yeah SH was one of the best places for reloading bullets/non hazmat out there. I’m not paying them annually because the frequency in which I DID buy things there wasn’t worth it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d hate to see WEVO go. M4C is still mostly good, but after my two favorite guys passed not as much fun. The friendly laid-back atmosphere here is so welcome. Still missing Luis.

Not much going on gunwise with me at present. But when my range is rebuilt after mammoth snow collapsed the shooting shed and I get a couple of guns back from the smith I’ll have more to contribute. I have all the parts for what may be my last AR build so that will need showing off or complaining about.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll try to get some threads going myself. I may start with an introduction thread so you all can get to know this newb a bit better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to thank the bartender for keeping this joint open. I looked at TOS for 5 minutes and I feel like I need to steel brush my soul. It might not be busy here, but at least there isn't all the sillyass bickering going on like some places!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!