Downloads
    Uploads

A bit confused by the whole AR pistol quagmire

Looking for straight answers here. I am thinking about doing either smooth tube A5 pistol tubed AR pistol or one with a braced Tailhook Mod 2 brace.

Just want to put on Mlok Magpul heat shields, a hand stop, a light, and a simple red dot. Can I still do that now? The reason I am asking is that no matter where I have looked for the answers, there seems to be a high investment of emotions being displayed with no straight answers. Just defiance, encouraging them to do what they want, etc.

-_-

And those who do try to help, get jumped on by unhinged persons further discombobulating things whether by intentional design or because they're that unstable while being grief stricken by their emotional investments that the ATF is going to nuke. Probably it's both but still, they are not helping anyone else but themselves.

I just don't care for that, I would like answers because at the end of the day it's my neck on the hook, not theirs. Anyway, I already have an SBR. I'm thinking of something for out of state uses only. I'm going to Nevada in a few months and my AZ CCP is reciprocated there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was anywhere between 10+ years ago and about 6 months ago there would be no issue using whatever brace you wanted. Then Biden and his weiner smokers decided to arbitrarily change a 10+ year precedent without any type of legislation. Oh yeah, and they want it to be retroactive. So if you listened to the old ATF, then you are wrong. The new ATF says no.

It is currently being litigated. Also there were recent Congressional Hearings because they really over stepped their bounds.

While I don't really do the pistol brace thing myself, my advice is to just hold tight until the dust settles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Smooth tube should be fine. I wouldn't do a brace until the courts figure things out with the ATF's shenanigans. And, doesn't putting an A5 tube on a pistol kind of work against the typical desire for compactness in an AR pistol?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was more going with a more comfortable cheek weld on a tube type of insulated buffer tube cover to protect from both the cold and sun. The shorter tubes makes me crane my head down more similar like the olden ways of NTCH. NTCH is what we did in the Army, from a long broken marksmanship program that ultimately failed us for GWOT and modern peer to peer combat IMO.

I would think the compactness would be the barrel length and not the tube length, because this tube length discussion would be moot if this was a talk about SBR's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I see your logic. I "grew up" NTCH, too and it took me a while to break from that for carbine shooting. NTCH works well for 20" rifles with full stocks and iron sights, which it was designed for. Definitely not a good way to shoot an AR pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still holding… Seems there was a slowdown prior to Easter. I’m hoping we’ll hear more positive news soon.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!