Downloads
    Uploads

As a fellow gun owner in the community, there are things that I will never understand or be able to

Not directed at anyone here, just a rant to get things off of my chest so to speak

We are not the same yet everyone who thinks that their opinion matters, wants us all to be in lock, step, and heel with the rest of the "tribe". GTFO and stay pissing off. You do you you and worry about that lane only.

Why the angst if anything being carried by anyone else is not in 9 and not a G19 or the equivalent of. Good grief you are superimposing and have control issues.

Who the F cares if a guy wants a red dot on their carry gun or not? It's not a big deal because in no way, shape, or form, what they do or even say, actually affects what we or you the mouth breather, does. Take a Xanax and chill.

Seeing someone wanting to share a picture of a high end gun, usually a 1911 and getting comments saying that they're seeing a wasted opportunity for a G19, ammo, mags, parts, and holsters along with accessories. Me, all I see is the gun being shown. I must be the only one broken here, right?

The "Cheap and effective" or "Just as Good" crowd. It's always that, until it isn't. I've seen the "all you need is a $500 rifle" at classes break. Must have been figments of my imaginations here.

To be honest, whenever I see someone start off with "The only thing you need...", I stop caring, stopped reading, and have exited out. Decades upon decades of personal experiences have shown that those people wanting to opine idiotic statements like that are out of touch with the reality for some people.

Those who love to poo on anything they disapprove of. Like seriously, what's this about and why the need to make it known that you're acting like the typical fantard/ brand hater boi?? I'm literally picturing the mouth breather wearing a flat brim hate and giving us all the proverbial douchebag alerts for the internet. Probably drives a brodozer with something edgy on it like "Ford recovery vehicle" and wondering why no one likes them.

I don't need more AR15 or more Glock mags, shut the F up already and get your OCD BS out of this place. I was around for the AWB too, still remember, but also have the critical thinking to understand that I cannot carry it all either. Plus your fantasy about arming and outfitting the entire town, zip code, etc., is still a fantasy and to be honest, a very bad idea. Go be stupid somewhere else.

IDGAF if you're openly buying every made in China item to go on your guns or to support it's usage. Your money, your rules. Just give me that same respect if I ask where something being shown is made and then choosing not to buy. Nothing I am doing is virtue signaling regardless so stop using that fallacy argument and speaking of arguing, why the need to want to discuss why another will not do as yourself has done? Go step on some legos, that crap bothering you about me is benign, wee, trivial, and a waste of time. For claiming that I have such a high horse, you sure are making a deal out of it while I am not interested nor care with what you do with your money but you sure are concerned with how I do spend mine, project much there, hero?

The appeals to authority fallacy crew. This navy seal delta marine recon uses it, and so should you. Ya? Is that so? Cool. IDGAF, but cool story, bruh. They also use a G19, and it shoots like shit in my hands, too big to carry concealed, prints, uncomfortable, and quite frankly my risk assessment is very low. But muh favorite man crush seal delta recon uses it so it must be the best and we all should emulate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the caliber wars and those who want us all to know what they disapprove of. JFC, of all the things to get derped about, arguing about why someone else does not like what you like that goes pew, is one of the dumbest things ever to argue over and you should be ashamed of yourselves for wanting to cause strife over it. Besides, if you are not funding it, then you never had a say in it so pound some sand and stop getting retarded.

And lastly but not least, the muh features and Aimpoint and Trijicon isn't innovating hater betas. You're a poor or you hate spending the money even when not poor, or your eyes have changed and you're just mad that you cannot use them anymore and not of mil age either with a healthier eyesight, just admit this and shut up already. Eighty seven different reticles in 87 different colors along with cowbells does not make it innovative. It does make it low hanging fruit though, because none of these "OMG it spins" were the ones who created and did the actual innovation, instead they stole the idea of, and made it cheap and full of tinker bells to get stupid over.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry about what I'm doing. Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

That's what I usually tell people when they ask me why I have so many guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another cool trick I recently came upon, is to ask if they're okay. Weirds them out, they either avoid altogether or say something flippant in response which I chalk up to defensive cause I either ruined their troll buzz or hit too close to home.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's quite a long rant from someone who says they don't care.

You forgot to mention those that base their choices on recommendations of professionals who's opinions were formed based on options available during their time in service 20 years ago.

There is a difference between having an opinion and repeating someone else's.

I actually don't mind having the discussion when people bring their own personal preferences and choices based on actual experience, even if it's just flat range practice, and offer it up as just that. I like to share my preferences and lessons learned but I don't presume to have the right answers for everyone. But if I think there is a better choice available I'll say so. No wrong or right in most of this stuff, just preferences. If you're happy and it works, cool. That said, I do think there are some objectively bad, or a least sub-optimal, choices that folks can make but sometimes those folks making bad decisions double down even when people that actually know what they are talking about try to help.

Seems like a good time to mention that after buying several Sigs and even carrying a 365XL for a while. I'm back to my G19. What a perfect gun!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking back a bit, I probably should have said that there's nothing wrong with being a poor not by choice. But there is something wrong with wanting people to know that you're a proud poor and wanting others to be just like you.

Always about money. I honestly DGAF if someone else has nicer things or doesn't mind spending the money on things others try to as cheaply as possible. Again, must be me here that's broken.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Thinking back a bit, I probably should have said that there's nothing wrong with being a poor not by choice. But there is something wrong with wanting people to know that you're a proud poor and wanting others to be just like you.

Always about money. I honestly DGAF if someone else has nicer things or doesn't mind spending the money on things others try to as cheaply as possible. Again, must be me here that's broken.
    I was debating selling a rifle to a coworker, solid parts (Rainier, BCM, Geissele etc), and when I asked on another forum if my sale price was reasonable, from a couple people I got the “no way I’d pay that when I could get a PSA for $450…”. Well guy, some people care to have better stuff.

I live really close to the PSA home office. When they first started, their stuff was nice. Hometown boys with quality rifles, selling ammo at rock bottom prices. Now, their prices are average and their quality is below average, and their business model is saturation which makes me not want any of it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I was debating selling a rifle to a coworker, solid parts (Rainier, BCM, Geissele etc), and when I asked on another forum if my sale price was reasonable, from a couple people I got the “no way I’d pay that when I could get a PSA for $450…”. Well guy, some people care to have better stuff.

I live really close to the PSA home office. When they first started, their stuff was nice. Hometown boys with quality rifles, selling ammo at rock bottom prices. Now, their prices are average and their quality is below average, and their business model is saturation which makes me not want any of it
    I had the an unpleasant experience when a miser wanted to make himself known that he didn't approve of my suggestions when an OP asked for scope leveling suggestions.

I suggested if on a budget, the Arisaka sliders are good but needs a bubble level so keep that in mind. Then I said if money was no option, that the Badger dead leveler was the GOAT. Apparently cheaper the keeper looked it up and gave himself a heart attack and wanted me to be shamed for it. He wanted it known that his way was superior by using a tabletop corner and dead eye reckoning.

I cannot imagine just how much more miserably insufferable that this guy would be in real life. Angry over a harmless suggestion to another person, just wow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of that is the reality of those other sites and why I never go there anymore, its amatuer at best these days. Many moons ago there were some great SME's on those sites but have since been forced to move on to bigger and better things because of the same reasons you mentioned. Try the Pistol Forum, good dudes for the most part who actually shoot and train. But WEVO is hands down the best site out there unfortunetely online forums in general seem to be losing steam.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing that gets me though, is not because they can but why they're so willing to want to bring discord and division among the community. Eating our own in simpler words.

We're under constant attack and fights for our rights. Don't turn people away. Unite and stop being petty over differences of likes and dislikes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember where they are coming from, sitting behind a keyboard feeling like they are untouchable so they feel they can do or say whatever they want to. In real life I have never met or had a discussion like the ones those other sites do in fact its more like the discussions we have on WEVO. Its the same with current topics that news stations push and try to convince us that, that is real life, it is not. 99% of the people I run into on a daily basis are pretty damn decent and show respect, its all smoke and mirrors on TV. Birds of a feather brother, assholes will congregate together as well as the opposite, in all reality you are probably talking about a few dozen people who think they know best, thats pretty dam dismal compared to the hundresd of thousands of us guys who enjoy talking about firearms as well as spending REAL time shooting and training. Dont let a handful of douchebags bring you down or suck you into an online debate which is futile and a waste of time. Stones RULE #5- NEVER argue with ANYONE who is NOT in the same room as you are. That especially applys to the internet! Remember, just because some dildo posts a response contrary to what you posted just to get a response from you DOES NOT mean you have to reply, thats what they want from you and are hoping you take the bait. The real freedom comes from controlling OUR reactions to what other people say and do.
    Last edited by Stone; 8 May 2023 at 07:50.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Remember where they are coming from, sitting behind a keyboard feeling like they are untouchable so they feel they can do or say whatever they want to. In real life I have never met or had a discussion like the ones those other sites do in fact its more like the discussions we have on WEVO. Its the same with current topics that news stations push and try to convince us that, that is real life, it is not. 99% of the people I run into on a daily basis are pretty damn decent and show respect, its all smoke and mirrors on TV. Birds of a feather brother, assholes will congregate together as well as the opposite, in all reality you are probably talking about a few dozen people who think they know best, thats pretty dam dismal compared to the hundresd of thousands of us guys who enjoy talking about firearms as well as spending REAL time shooting and training. Dont let a handful of douchebags bring you down or suck you into an online debate which is futile and a waste of time. Stones RULE #5- NEVER argue with ANYONE who is NOT in the same room as you are. That especially applys to the internet! Remember, just because some dildo posts a response contrary to what you posted just to get a response from you DOES NOT mean you have to reply, thats what they want from you and are hoping you take the bait. The real freedom comes from controlling OUR reactions to what other people say and do.
    There's a lot of wisdom with your reply, thank you for taking the time to write that.

It's true, I have never met these insufferable types in person when discussing things.

I've been to internet created and organized online events, and I have never seen these people even the local to the state and area had ever shown up. Its almost as if they're either that afraid of someone either taking them to task for something from the past they've said, or really are this miserable in person as well and don't want to get punched for it. That's definitely telling right there.

I'm going to apply your thinking about our thinking before reacting tool shares, thank you again.