Downloads
    Uploads

Kudo's to Vortex

I had a Vortex RAZOR HD Gen 2 on a rifle in the safe, and I went to remove the battery for replacement. I took a coin out of my pocket to loosen the battery compartment cap and the whole damn thing just fell out, guts and all. I don't have a clue what happened and I thought "ha, how am I going to explain this to VORTEX. Well come to find out it had a lifetime warranty "no questions asked". They emailed me an overnight shipping label and were very pleasant to deal with. I was still fairly skeptical, but packed it up and sent it in with wires and what ever hanging out of the side. They couldn't repair it, didn't ask me a question such as WTF? happened? And sent me a brand new scope today. All told it took about a week and a half or so. Kudo's to a scope company that backs their products so well. FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always nice to hear about good customer service.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only had to use their customer service once and it was actually a good experience as far as customer service goes.

The first optic was bought from a retailer. I was 99% sure they sent one that had previously been returned by someone else. I think the first 'owner' actually damaged it by doing some crazy installation. Realizing they messed up-- they just returned it for a refund.

They replaced it with no questions asked. The second one I thought was bad as well so I returned it. The third copy had a signed range card from one of their technicians. They did a complete test on that optic at their range including tracking and who knows what. It was then that I found out my mount was messed up. It too was brand new but it had a major manufacturing flaw.

Once that mount was replaced everything has been good. Through out that whole saga Vortex was on point. They would send the replacement with a return label for the other one in the box. At the end of the day none of it was actually their fault yet they still worked with me through the whole process.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a shame that it's refreshing to hear about great customer service! Definitely anomalous to the higher end of the optics industry!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vortex. Not if but when you're going to need that sweet lifetime warranty!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Batteries left in stuff long term can corrode; this happened to a friend’s Leupold recently and not sure they were as understanding as Vortex which sucks because illuminated MK5s aren’t cheap at all

When hunting season ends, I’ll remove the batteries from a few devices (range finder, hunting scope etc)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Batteries left in stuff long term can corrode; this happened to a friend’s Leupold recently and not sure they were as understanding as Vortex which sucks because illuminated MK5s aren’t cheap at allWhen hunting season ends, I’ll remove the batteries from a few devices (range finder, hunting scope etc)
    Yeah F11 but this battery wasn't corroded at all. In fact everything including the internals that fell out looked new. Don't know what the heck happened. Just a year long check. No 1500$ scopes aren't cheap. Had it on a .375 H&H and asked Vortex if that was too much recoil for the scope. They said nope, shouldn't be a problem and could handle much more recoil. I just don't know wtf happened. Glad for the New scope though, no questioned asked. Not bitching at all. Glad it didn't happen with dangerous or mean game. LoL.FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Vortex. Not if but when you're going to need that sweet lifetime warranty!Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Sorry, we all can't be sweet with the God's and not break anything.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now if they could find somewhere else other than China for their bottom tier products and some of their mid line red dots and prisms, this would be great. I really wanted to like their new pistol dot until I saw where it was made.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Now if they could find somewhere else other than China for their bottom tier products and some of their mid line red dots and prisms, this would be great. I really wanted to like their new pistol dot until I saw where it was made.
    Just about everybody's lowest tier products are going to be from overseas. I mean you're not going to find American workers building 300 dollar scopes. Those days are long gone. I think Vortexes top tier scopes are built in Japan. When we develop a crowd that are tech oriented, maybe we can be top tier again.
    Last edited by FortTom; 21 December 2023 at 04:28.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Just about everybody's lowest tier products are going to be from overseas. I mean you're not going to find American workers building 300 dollar scopes. Those days are long gone. I think Vortexes top tier scopes are built in Japan. When we develop a crowd that are tech oriented, maybe we can be top tier again.
    I don't think that you're understanding my argument. This has nothing to do with not being made here.

I don't mind overseas, but I do mind when it's being made in a hostile country that terrorizes it's own people, bullies it's neighbors, tries to steal what isn't theirs, and is actively involved in wanting us blown down several pegs.

That's the actual argument.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like the whole turret unscrewed from the body of the scope... ugh... Glad they set things straight for you!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Sounds like the whole turret unscrewed from the body of the scope... ugh... Glad they set things straight for you!
    Yeah, that's exactly what happened. Weird huh? FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! They are probably cutting back on the loctite at the Vortex factory to cut costs! Hahahaha... The O-ring in the battery cap may have been dry and hung up on ya. Try a small coating of grease or Slip on all your O-ring optic battery caps... It goes a long way... Just coat the O-ring using a Q-tip that has a drop of oil on it.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yep! They are probably cutting back on the loctite at the Vortex factory to cut costs! Hahahaha... The O-ring in the battery cap may have been dry and hung up on ya. Try a small coating of grease or Slip on all your O-ring optic battery caps... It goes a long way... Just coat the O-ring using a Q-tip that has a drop of oil on it.
    Good idea, I'll give it a try.....FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger