Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zev Citadel G17 Gen 5 RMR direct cut slide inbound, what would you assemble it with?

Looking for ideas. Honestly I think that my best bet would be using Glock OEM for everything here. I already have a pile of Trijicon RMR Type 2's doing nothing so the optic is spoken for along with a sealing plate. For sights, I'm going to use the KNS Dead Air Glock folding sight set.

I saw that Midway has almost everything OEM in stock minus the extractor and safety plunger. Looking at the NP3 coated OEM by Overwatch Precision, but not seeing the extractor anywhere else so I may use the stock one on my 17's slide and replace it with the one from Apex.

I am seeing that AIM Surplus has a cheaper slide completion kit but am not seeing much for reviews so it's making me a bit cautious and leery of.

What would you guys pick and what barrel also?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like to start with OEM unless / until I have a compelling reason otherwise. You just deciding on the slide, or the lower build out, too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just the slide and maybe a Ghost X-Release for the lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just used Midway and Shuyler to get what I needed for OEM internals, everything but the barrel and recoil guide rod assembly. Next payday the sights which will be the KNS folding normal and suppressor heights.

I am actually enjoying this, never thought anything other than rifles would be fun to do. I'm a changed man

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did an Alpha Wolf extractor upgrade (just because) ... pricey, but well done. They are in stock.
    https://lonewolfdist.com/parts/slide...lf-extractors/
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see in the DEALS thread you're looking for the Glock Performance Trigger. I have no experience with that but have been amazed by the Timney Alpha. Really excellent trigger although I view it as more of a competition trigger and not something I'd put on an EDC. Any experience on how these two triggers compare?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Super tight tolerances, but it's at least ready to shoot until I can buy the rest of what I want by next payday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are still looking for a barrel Zaffiri Precision is having a 20% off Memorial Day sale. Good stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate the heads up, but I think that I will be staying with OEM.

I know, boring

Is $649 for a G34 MOS Gen 5 seem a bit high to anyone or this the new norm now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glock performance trigger ordered along with an NP3 coated OP OEM safety plunger. This is coming around nicely, later on this morning I should be getting some rounds downrange finally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I appreciate the heads up, but I think that I will be staying with OEM.

I know, boring

Is $649 for a G34 MOS Gen 5 seem a bit high to anyone or this the new norm now?
    I mean that's just basically MSRP.

I'm actually impressed Glock can still keep their prices relatively the same. I mean I can still get a Blue Label 9mm Glock for $399.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I mean I can still get a Blue Label 9mm Glock for $399.

Care to share? The local places, and even GT Distributors seems to have creeped up in the $425-450 range. That's been acceptable to me back when I could find them at $400 online since I'd still have to pay the transfer fee and possibly shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rounds were fired. I am impressed, however in hindsight I probably should have gotten the DPP cut for a Romeo02 circle dot. I almost jumped at the chance to buy a slightly used ACRO P2 with 1.93 Scalarworks mount a few days ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Care to share? The local places, and even GT Distributors seems to have creeped up in the $425-450 range. That's been acceptable to me back when I could find them at $400 online since I'd still have to pay the transfer fee and possibly shipping.
    Ask Glock for the forms directly. They still charge $398 for a 9mm, Flat $10 for shipping.

Granted, Rainier gives me free transfers, obviously that's not the case for everyone, but I'm still impressed Glock hasn't raised prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ask Glock for the forms directly. They still charge $398 for a 9mm, Flat $10 for shipping.

Granted, Rainier gives me free transfers, obviously that's not the case for everyone, but I'm still impressed Glock hasn't raised prices.
    Ah, I didn't realize that was a thing. Thanks.