Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR HD

Downloads
    Uploads

Trijicon RMR HD

https://www.trijicon.com/products/su...A60QsPz8RkUHpE

The Trijicon RMR® HD is an innovative red dot pistol optic specifically designed for the evolving needs of Law Enforcement and the Military. Built on the foundation of the Trijicon RMR® Adjustable LED model, the RMR HD features the same patented housing shape made from forged aluminum, robust electronic system, and quality lenses. Adding a long-lasting, top-loading battery, larger window, an innovative forward looking light sensor, multiple reticle options, market leading illumination adjustability, and it’s clear the RMR HD is designed and built for duty use. The innovative forward looking light sensor gauges the brightness at target in auto mode and adjusts reticle brightness to be effective in any lighting scenario. A new reticle allows you to switch between a complex reticle or single crisp dot, both of which include a new super bright setting and an additional night vision setting. The RMR HD also allows the operator to adjust the Auto Illumination as well as the dot/circle contrast. Additional features include larger, more tactile buttons, new adjusters with greater audible and tactile feedback, and an expanded field of view. Offering the same footprint as the RMR and designed to fit most existing optics-ready duty holsters*, the Trijicon RMR HD is ready for those needing a feature-rich optic with high performance and ultra-reliability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks like these have the same overall footprint as the SRO, no? So compatible with some RMR holsters, but not legacy ones (like a 6000 series Safariland)?

I'm interested in this, though the MSRP will make me wait. I can't see street price being ~50%, but here's hoping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It looks like these have the same overall footprint as the SRO, no? So compatible with some RMR holsters, but not legacy ones (like a 6000 series Safariland)?

I'm interested in this, though the MSRP will make me wait. I can't see street price being ~50%, but here's hoping.
    I'm going to see if anyone will be clearing out old Type 2's for a deal...

Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.kenziesoptics.com/?s=rmr...FEN0%3D.VAu7kj

Looks like $645 is the best I've seen so far...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be a while before they're available on ExpertVoice, I presume. Speaking of which, it looks like Trijicon has improved the discounting available on that platform, so that's good.

I'm actually happy to see this. I've been avoiding some Chinese options for a while but really want a circle dot reticle for a few applications. Wish a green reticle was an option, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Watched as used rmr's went from $400 range to $325 overnight

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm going to see if anyone will be clearing out old Type 2's for a deal...
    I'm actually trying to get away from the legacy RMR. Having to worry about re-Loctiting screws and rezero just isn't an attractive solution when we have better options nowadays. Plus, the circle-dot really is a nice thing to have.

https://www.kenziesoptics.com/?s=rmr...FEN0%3D.VAu7kj

Looks like $645 is the best I've seen so far...
    Primary Arms is pre-selling them, as well. Sub-$600, which is a lot closer to being reasonable.

Either way, I'll stay in a holding pattern for a bit. I've got too many other non-fun expenses coming due in the next couple of months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be in the market for both it and the RCR. I already have a ton of RMR T2's already and want to try the MPS as well, even the Ameriglo Haven for a possible PSA Dagger Compact G19 gen 3 clone.

I feel that we really are in the golden age of red dots for handguns right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'm actually trying to get away from the legacy RMR. Having to worry about re-Loctiting screws and rezero just isn't an attractive solution when we have better options nowadays. Plus, the circle-dot really is a nice thing to have.
    I've never had any experience with RMR but that is because of the exact things you mentioned. Taking the thing completely off of a gun to change a battery for me was pretty much a non starter. Personally I think that is pretty much a design flaw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I've never had any experience with RMR but that is because of the exact things you mentioned. Taking the thing completely off of a gun to change a battery for me was pretty much a non starter. Personally I think that is pretty much a design flaw.
    Never an issue with mine. I didn't see a flaw, only an annoyance with some folk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Never an issue with mine. I didn't see a flaw, only an annoyance with some folk.
    I agree. I have 20+ RMR's and the battery issue is not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me. I replace my duty/offduty guns RMR yearly, and at the most needs a very minor zero adjustment. The side loading battery Holosun introduced is a better design for sure, but I'll pick up $300 RMR Type 2's all day if they drop in price in the secondary market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. I have 20+ RMR's and the battery issue is not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me. I replace my duty/offduty guns RMR yearly, and at the most needs a very minor zero adjustment.

I'd argue part of the issue is one of access. Rich, you have regular access to a range. I did too until the last two years, so even with a minor zero adjustment, it still needs to be adjusted to meet my personal standard of zeroed at 25y. While I do have easier access to a pistol range now, it's still not as convenient and has its limitations. A legacy RMR is just "one more thing." Perfectly capable, but the money vs time equation factors in there, as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. I have 20+ RMR's and the battery issue is not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me. I replace my duty/offduty guns RMR yearly, and at the most needs a very minor zero adjustment. The side loading battery Holosun introduced is a better design for sure, but I'll pick up $300 RMR Type 2's all day if they drop in price in the secondary market.
    For my casual use, this works. I don't pay for range time, so what's a little fiddling? That's part of spending time shooting. I still don't feel the need to have them on every gun, or even one I'd bet my life on, but that's just me. I'll still pay a little more for an established name and rep for durability, plus there's also the ABC standard.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is my first thoughts, pretty nice optics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice overview Dave. If I didn’t have already a type 2 I’d get this.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode