Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How are the Nightforce optic mounts? Not much gets said about them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    The UltraMounts are pretty new. Similar to Geissele, Badger, etc. Designed for the NF scopes with very little clearance for the mechanical housing so be careful if using on an optic other than NF. Seen in the wild in SOCOM usage - I took these at Ft. Lewis earlier this summer - I am pretty sure they are both NF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I've been planning on saving up for one of their 1-8 short LPVO's as they are both very light and durable. The mount I am looking at on their site shows the weight for the clip-on height to be 5.9, while my go to is the badger same height at 6.6.

I will be chasing as much weight off without sacrificing performance to have my GOAT setup. As I said before, I believe that the mini recce is our future in that regard because everybody wins, making the red dot guys, night vision guys, LPVO guys, assaulter guys needing super stupid tall heights, and precision guys extremely happy along with the hunters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Nice HK. I bet that's a hefty setup. Man, that just *barely* clears the mechanical housing. You got lucky it fit as clearly NF was only concerned about it working on their optics.
    Thanks. It's really not that bad. It's lighter than my M4B2 (by 1 oz) with the same basic setup (albeit with a BO mount). That barrel has the M4 profile, so it pretty much feels like a standard M4 with a Razor on it, just slightly nose heavy due to the gas block. Obviously when you start putting a can and bipod on it, it adds up, but that's true for other setups.

I didn't understand the reason on why you were selling it when I bought it from you. After the install, I get it now. I'm glad it worked out. There was still just a little play of rotation when I put it in the mount. If it hadn't worked out, I guess that would have been an excuse to go buy an ATACR, right?

I previously had a NX8 in a NF Unimount on that same rifle. It held up great and was 5.5 oz. Mated with the NX8, total weight was 24.05 on a kitchen scale. The ATACR will obviously be a couple ounces more. Picture for attention, even though it's a Knight's thread...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not recent news but I was surprised to see the OG M-110 is still pulling contract dollar's.

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/08/25...-m110-contract
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    lol, now we know why parts have dried up. The MoD and DoD just bought out their entire production capacity.

Downloads
    Uploads

The BB markup / editing toolbar is gone...anyone know what happened?
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 28 October 2023 at 06:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a lot of influence going on there with the "bloody damn USA and their horrific and stupid 2nd Amendment" on that rifle and kit being worn. Not nation bashing but when your own country's mil is being influenced on training that we do for sport with two gun matches, and the associated equipment that came about from a strong 2A industry and having to buy from them because you stymied your own nation's industry and shooting sports, this is what happens.

Anyway, that's a very capable rifle and they did their homework well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Royal Marine makes an interesting comment around 6:10 that he likes how the "weight is forward" (i.e., the center of gravity is up ahead of the magwell compared the rear-heavy weigh of a bullpup). I always thought the rear CG of a bullpup was supposed to be an advantage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's a lot of influence going on there with the "bloody damn USA and their horrific and stupid 2nd Amendment" on that rifle and kit being worn. Not nation bashing but when your own country's mil is being influenced on training that we do for sport with two gun matches, and the associated equipment that came about from a strong 2A industry and having to buy from them because you stymied your own nation's industry and shooting sports, this is what happens.

Anyway, that's a very capable rifle and they did their homework well.
    Ha! Foreign Militaries are really just LARP'ing as US pro-2A citizens! Those RM's did kind of look like they just watched some Taran Tactical youtube videos....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Ha! Foreign Militaries are really just LARP'ing as US pro-2A citizens! Those RM's did kind of look like they just watched some Taran Tactical youtube videos....
    You know what? If they are then they're at least trying learn and evolve, and be a better rifleman which should be the ultimate continuous objective to overcome. Talking to the choir of course, just venting at the Institutionalized inbreeding of NATO's armies and that includes our own, especially with the appeals to their authority fallacy.