Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

New pics of the AXR for anyone interested

We have been hard at work getting to the point of time to breathe and we are just about there. Here are a few recent pictures of the AXR:

Hope you like them the AXR is set to make a surge into your local gun shop in the next few weeks.

Kent Luttrell
    TPDUSA.com
    The AXR Bull Pup rifle by T.P.D. Inc.,
    "The one that takes the M16 magazines"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great, Kent. Can't wait for it to show up around here.
    The one pic next to last, is it a 9 or 45?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
    Looks great, Kent. Can't wait for it to show up around here.
    The one pic next to last, is it a 9 or 45?

That is a 9mm. We were moving in the .45 direction until we realized we would need anew stock to accommodate it.

Kent

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would rather see things done right, than done quickly. One of the questions I keep getting asked is if there is a rough ETA.

Any ideas about a ballpark time frame?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I would rather see things done right, than done quickly. One of the questions I keep getting asked is if there is a rough ETA.

Any ideas about a ballpark time frame?
    Shipping now Stickman, slow but they are going out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering, how many have actually been made, and delivered to the market, so far? I have yet to see one in person. Is this thing still going, or is it dead in the water?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
    Just wondering, how many have actually been made, and delivered to the market, so far? I have yet to see one in person. Is this thing still going, or is it dead in the water?
    We are not dead! We are still producing we had a few delays related to vendors not delivering remotely close to when they said they could or would. Namely barrels and overseas factory parts.

Delivering now again thank the Lord.

Kent
    TPD Inc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know, its always hard when a time frame is given in good faith, and then an outside source mangles everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kent,

I suppose one of the questions that you are starting to hear quite often is why the AXR remains a worthy contender with Steyr re-entering the market with an original pattern rifle.

Obviously, I'm sure that you have given this more than a little thought -- what should we as prospective customers know about the AXR's strengths, as compared to the AUG or STG?

AC

sgtlmj Guest
    Got mine last month, thanks Kent!

TPD starts with a receiver milled from a solid aluminum billet, as opposed to Steyr and MSAR's cast receivers. Does an AUG need all this strength? Probably not, but the receiver is a work of art. They add several of their own parts to keep with 922(r) import compliance and finish it off with an OEM Steyr NATO stock which accepts AR mags. It is compatible with Steyr and will accept bbls, bolts, etc. MSAR designed the STG-556 to have slightly different dimensions, so very few Steyr parts will work.

I was aware of the pending Steyr AUG US release, but still decided to go with the AXR. For me the main reason was AR mag compatibility. Steyr mags are much better than metal AR mags but with the advent of PMAGs the gap is closing. I have close to 100 AR mags already, and didn't want to spend money on a new set of mags for a new weapon. I know I could've just gotten a NATO stock for a Steyr, but that's $300-400 that I could spend on more mags and ammo. Once Steyr catches up with demand and starts the flow of spare bbls and parts, I'll still be able to benefit as all the parts will work in the AXR. Win-win.

Last edited by sgtlmj; 21 February 2009 at 11:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TPDUSA View Post
    We are not dead! We are still producing we had a few delays related to vendors not delivering remotely close to when they said they could or would. Namely barrels and overseas factory parts.

Delivering now again thank the Lord.

Kent
    TPD Inc
    I was on the original waiting list oh so very long ago.....

...at some point, an email was sent out saying they had a server problem or something and the list was messed up....

...I never heard another word, and multiple emails went unanswered.

I now own MSARs, which were my second choice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Very nice job!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good lookin rifle
    Factory Certified Armorer: Benelli, Beretta, Bushmaster, Colt, Glock, H&K, Remington, Ruger, SigArms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory

Downloads
    Uploads
    where can you get those pmags?