Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

AXR by Tactical Product Design Inc.

We wanted to have a chance to show the guys at Weapon Evolution the AXR Bull pup rifle by T.P.D. Inc.

Here she is!

Both of these rifles are fitted with 16" barrels!
    Note the AR15 has the butt stock fully collapsed!

We have a host of parts available, both US made and OEM

Our TPD-Pmag in both clear and smoke with other colors coming is out performing the competition and has numerous advantages over metal magazines.

Our sling produced by Blue Force Gear, is an adaptation of the "Vickers" sling proven the world over to be combat ready!

Our Special Edition AXR rifle package, a series of 104 rifles, is outfitted with all the necessary components to get you up and shooting with top quality mil-spec components and accessories. No expense has been spared, nearly all original design parts and new components have been reengineered with state of the art materials and tolerances, where necessary have been tightened to maximize accuracy and reliability.

Built on top of the line CNC turning centers and milling machines ensures everything works and fits the first time.

Through all our testing the AXR has proven itself reliable, strong and ready to run!

Here is a run down of the rifle specifications and some of the options available with the AXR. We have a A3 system available that is in use and will be introduced here in the next few weeks. It has the ability to handle all the accesories on 2.2" M1913 rails at 12, 3, 6, and 9 O'clock, while still maintaining the ability to remove the barrel should the need arise.

AXR™ SPECIFICATIONS

LIMITED EDITION

Type of firearm

Bull pup Rifle, semi automatic

Operation

Gas operated rotating bolt, short piston

Caliber

5.56 (.223) or 6.8mm SPC

Rate of Fire

S/A 150 RPM

Barrel Groups

16” chrome lined, 18” chrome lined 4140 chrome moly steel

Overall Length

26.25”, 30.25”

Sights

Any optics with m1913 interface folding open sights standard

Stock

High impact synthetic black or range of color options

Safety

Three position slide lock

Magazine type

NATO spec M16 all available capacities. TPD-PMAG made specifically for the AXR by Magpul.

Receiver

Fully machined from billet 7075 aluminum on cutting edge nine axis CNC, to outlandish tolerances.

Features

This is a faithful representation of the original AUG™, with some significant material and design upgrades.

As was standard with the original the barrel is quick removable in a few seconds, fluted

Folding fore grip

Rail optics interface is removable and several options available including an extended rail with picatinny rails at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions.

Adjustable gas system

Original forward assist configuration

Last round hold open

Secondary magazine release in optimal position for quick magazine changes

Special Edition Package Includes

Special serialized rifle

1.25-4.5X26 variable focal length optic, emerald coated lenses, illuminated for low light conditions

Heavy mid height rings with torx screws

Cleaning kit IN the butt stock

Four 30rd smoke translucent TPD-PMAG's, for ease of round remaining ID

Dual purpose two or one point sling with black stainless steel hooks

NATO magazine compliant stock, not proprietary magazines, cross compliant with other platforms common to todays battle fields

Comprehensive rework of platform with upgraded materials throughout

Secondary magazine release added for ease and simplification of magazine changes

Forward assist integrated into the charge handle as original, no need to un-shoulder the weapon to force a finicky cartridge

If you have any questions please see our web site at www.TPDUSA.com. If you have further questions after going through the site or wish to place a pre-order for the AXR due out late this month or early next, the phone numbers to do this are on the contact pages on the site.

Thank you very much and stay safe out there.
    Kent W. Luttrell
    President
    Tactical Product Design Inc.
    T.P.D. Inc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kent,
    Thanks for posting your info about the AXR. I can't wait to get my hands on some as well as the smoked Mags. In the video, it's hard to tell if they are shooting full auto or semi with that rate of fire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks great

Topmaul Guest
    One question what about us lefties?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the info Kent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice rifle, I'm hoping to gather up the funds and acquire me an LE before they sell out and no more are left for a great price.
    A few ??'s
    Will it take the 42rd AUG mags also?
    What about barrel interchangability with factory AUG Barrels? Will you producing barrels in other length's and 6.8 if not?
    What do you need on Down Payment and when is the release date? IM me
    Will you be offering complete packages in the future with all the barrels and goodies?
    It does look like this one does not have the right/left changability for extraction?
    Last edited by NvrenufRR; 7 November 2007 at 20:02.
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmaul View Post
    One question what about us lefties?
    They are coming. We need to make our own port cover but the bolts are on the way.

Kent Luttrell
    TPDUSA
    The AXR Bull Pup rifle by T.P.D. Inc.,
    "The one that takes the M16 magazines"

Downloads
    Uploads

Comparisson to MSAR STG-556

Your product looks great!

Forgive my ignorance, but how does your product differ from the Microtech version of the AUG or is it one in the same?

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mpardun View Post
    Your product looks great!

Forgive my ignorance, but how does your product differ from the Microtech version of the AUG or is it one in the same?

Mike
    One main difference is the AXR will use the NATO standard M16 feeding device. We have the factory forward assist in the charge handle and we use the factory bolt release. We use OEM carriers and stocks as well as hammer packs. Need to use a US magazine for 922r compliance. There are other differences and you can research them at tpdusa.com

Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks

Thanks Kent!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mpardun View Post
    Thanks Kent!
    You are welcome, my pleasure. Looking at some great video in the next few days of the receivers getting cut, can't wait to post it!

Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a few more photos for the thread. We are in the last stages here and have a great functioning rifle for the community! Hope you will like it.

Kent Luttrell
    TPDUSA.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barrel pictures before coating:

They really came out nice, we think.

Kent Luttrell

Downloads
    Uploads
    The design to use the regular AR mag will be its huge selling advantage over the the MSAR STG-556, imho. I almost bought the STG-556 over the weekend, until I realized about its non-AR mag (which is quite expensive). I'm eager to read field reports, and might just get one, if it works as great as it looks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
    The design to use the regular AR mag will be its huge selling advantage over the the MSAR STG-556, imho. I almost bought the STG-556 over the weekend, until I realized about its non-AR mag (which is quite expensive). I'm eager to read field reports, and might just get one, if it works as great as it looks.
    It does, it really does. We use factory bolt and carrier, and stock.

kent