Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    No Gen 5's for my G45 in stock.

Ugh.
    Glockstore shows them in stock for your G45......
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Gen 5's for my G45 in stock.

Ugh.
    Yeah, I'm thinking I might try this on my G45, too. It sits in the safe unused, otherwise, so being able to add the Radian and use in my G17 holster intrigues me. But, that price is a bit tough and they are OOS, so perhaps a 2027 Black Friday deal....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Glockstore shows them in stock for your G45......
    FT
    Just looked, nothing of the sorts. Direct link?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking I might try this on my G45, too. It sits in the safe unused, otherwise, so being able to add the Radian and use in my G17 holster intrigues me. But, that price is a bit tough and they are OOS, so perhaps a 2027 Black Friday deal....
    I found one on Tacswap and for a hundred more and knew why he was overcharging so I said that if still available by this Friday, I'd buy. Two hours later it was sold. I'm thinking that this ain't snake oil after all.

But yep, price is definitely hard to swallow. However with that being said, I am on the dowanward slope as far as guns go. I am doing a very strict policy of completing what I already have or will need.

I just bought a 356X macro to replace my G43X MOS. All it needs now is a mag pouch for everyday spare mag carry, maybe a mag funnel, and 5 more factory 17's for it, then done done.

My 320Compact Carry came back from Sig after the voluntary trigger upgrade that was so long overdue (Sig's CS is top notch and super fast), going to get a factory red dot slide, Romeo X Pro red dot, 7 of the new Magpul alloy 17's for it, and a Safariland open top duty holster.

G45? was done done but going to get the Radian because reasons. G17? Same as the 45, was done but now getting the Tungsten, also because reasons.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 13 March 2024 at 22:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @FT I believe he was talking about the Radian...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, thanks guys... Now you got me giving the Glock 45 and Radian comp a real hard look... Could be my next project... ugh FWIW, i contacted Radian and they will be coming out with their comp for the G17 this year. Seems like it would be to long of a slide though, its better suited for the g19 or g45 IMO...
    Last edited by Stone; 13 March 2024 at 22:59.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it gets the 17 to fit into a G34 holster, then I'd be in.

If the Radian wouldn't fit my 45 into a 17's holster then I'd be out.

Safarilands are very expensive. Being able to use what I already have on hand is how things sell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Found some in stock for gen 5 19's and 45's!

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...ensator-gen-5/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Four units were immediately purchased right after posting that ^^ lol, you guy's are welcome and I indeed made sure to get mine first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Four units were immediately purchased right after posting that ^^ lol, you guy's are welcome and I indeed made sure to get mine first.
    Got mine for a G19 Gen 3 from Brownells. Got a great deal on a special code offer of 320 plus tax and shipping. Just found out it was being shipped today.

So I'm taking a like new Gen 3 19 and adding:
    Tru Glo night sights
    Zev Pro-Connecter (just to remove the bump and slick up the pull without getting light and getting into liability issues)
    Glock Store Tungsten recoil rod with 18lb. spring
    and finally the Radian system, when it gets here from Brownells.

Will just set here and do it all in one shot, and report findings, however I don't have any scientific way to produce actual advertised reduction numbers, will just test 115gn to 147gn loads and give my percieved reduction. Target shots with stock barrell and no comp vs. guide rod and Radian system will have to be my guide, plus "percieved" recoil and muzzle flip perception.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Got mine for a G19 Gen 3 from Brownells. Got a great deal on a special code offer of 320 plus tax and shipping. Just found out it was being shipped today.

So I'm taking a like new Gen 3 19 and adding:
    Tru Glo night sights
    Zev Pro-Connecter (just to remove the bump and slick up the pull without getting light and getting into liability issues)
    Glock Store Tungsten recoil rod with 18lb. spring
    and finally the Radian system, when it gets here from Brownells.

Will just set here and do it all in one shot, and report findings, however I don't have any scientific way to produce actual advertised reduction numbers, will just test 115gn to 147gn loads and give my percieved reduction. Target shots with stock barrell and no comp vs. guide rod and Radian system will have to be my guide, plus "percieved" recoil and muzzle flip perception.

FT
    If you have a shot timer you can do the pepsi challenge without and then with afterwards, then compare.

When I used to have the PMM single port on my G17, there was definitely a noticeable difference. Trying to find a holster was a pain, in the end I sold it and then bought a Zev RMR cut slide because they stopped making the 17 MOS Gen 5 and all I had was a 17 non MOS and I don't send slides out to be milled. I plan on getting the tungsten rod for it at some point, but it's already flatter than my 45 IMO, there's definitely a difference between rod and spring size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have a shot timer you can do the pepsi challenge without and then with afterwards, then compare.

When I used to have the PMM single port on my G17, there was definitely a noticeable difference. Trying to find a holster was a pain, in the end I sold it and then bought a Zev RMR cut slide because they stopped making the 17 MOS Gen 5 and all I had was a 17 non MOS and I don't send slides out to be milled. I plan on getting the tungsten rod for it at some point, but it's already flatter than my 45 IMO, there's definitely a difference between rod and spring size.
    No, unfortunately no timer. Whether or not I personally feel the differrence is worth the effort will be totally subjective, on my part.
    NRA Life Member