Downloads
    Uploads

I give up - need help posting pictures

What is the easiest way to upload pictures to WEVO forums? As much detail as you feel like providing would be greatly appreciated. I know there a photo hosting sights, but not sure how to get my iphone photo's uploaded to them. The more dumed down the process, the better for me, I got lost in the photo/phone/picture hosting/sharing revolution. Thanks for your help.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something changed with the hosting here because you used to be able to upload directly here and it would show up, but that adds to the bandwidth consumption and some hosts don't like to do it that way. I'd think with John's deep pockets he could afford to let the few guys who post here to upload, but it's not my money. I belong to another site where we as members contribute to the hosting fees to offset our photo fetishes.

I use Imgur for hosting then link to the photo there. You can upload your photos and keep them private, then go back and there's a dot thingy in the upper right hand corner of the pic where you can get the pic with bulletin board code added. It would look like this:

[Picture]www.imgur.com/Jim'sphoto[/Picture].

Where the "picture" tag tells the software you're posting a photo, and the link leads to the photo.

If you decide to go with that solution, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I use a for-fee hosting service (SmugMug.com) for all my photos, anyway, so just link to those. I use the [img] [/img] tags. There used to a little button to click to automatically add those tags but the BB code editing tools disappeared a while ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Settings top right corner, general settings on left side bottom of page, scroll to the bottom and make sure Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing is checked. Log out, clear cache and log back in... If its checked try switching to standard, make sure you click save at the bottom each time.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, i dont get that whole options bar on my phone either... only on my desktop. I take photos on my phone and then just email it to myself then save it to my desktop. Then post photos online from my desktop PC.
    Last edited by Stone; 19 March 2024 at 20:19.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    FWIW, i dont get that whole options bar on my phone either... only on my desktop. I take photos on my phone and then just email it to myself then save it to my desktop. Then post photos online from my desktop PC.
    I think I tried that. Will give it another shot. Thanks.
    FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your phone asks to reduce the image size when you attach it to your email definetely click yes, reduce size. If you get them on your laptop and they need to be reduced and you have windows I can get you through that, its real simple...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    If your phone asks to reduce the image size when you attach it to your email definetely click yes, reduce size. If you get them on your laptop and they need to be reduced and you have windows I can get you through that, its real simple...
    Thanks, it's still a work in progress...it used to be real easy to post pics on here, don't know what went wrong...
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    When you click "reply to thread" or "Go advanced" do you see an options bar??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  1000000320.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  185.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you do, click "insert image", then "from computer" then "browse" click on your photo then "upload file" If you dont, see my post above about the settings menu here...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  1000000321.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  97.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use imgur. I have mine set to private so that the internet court of publicly insignificant opinions doesn't get to troll. What I do is after taking pictures, I go to gallery and share by email, and email myself. Then download pics from my email to my DL folder, and log in to imgur and upload. Then use the appropriate links to copy and pasta.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I use imgur. I have mine set to private so that the internet court of publicly insignificant opinions doesn't get to troll. What I do is after taking pictures, I go to gallery and share by email, and email myself. Then download pics from my email to my DL folder, and log in to imgur and upload. Then use the appropriate links to copy and pasta.
    Same, except I don’t use the Italian method, just regular copy and paste

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Same, except I don’t use the Italian method, just regular copy and paste
    Autocorrect and me not paying attention before hitting send, is the bane of my online existence