Downloads
    Uploads

Having too many irons in the fire is hard sometimes, and not cheap either

Ya I know, I should have done one at a time and I certainly do have freedom problems.

My goal here is to have one belt strictly for pistol usage on a one way range to try different things, with padding and not the inner outer crap because wearing snivel gear is an option that these inner and over companies don't consider. It's simply cheaper and more economical to have only one belt, that I can swap out a bunch of holsters that are all QLS instead of making gun belts for every specific gun that I own.

Disclaimer, I already have a battle belt set up exactly what it's for. I am not going to be messing with it because I already have it exactly as I've got.

The hole I dug is a pain. I need a new Safariland RDS and WLS for my G45, G17, and P320. Both Glocks can share the G17 but the 320 will have to be purchased also just for it I was going to also need one for my VP9 but it turns out that a custom retention holster somehow miraculously, will also work with it despite being formed and fitted for a G17.

I still need to get the P320 slide in coyote with Romeo X Pro for said 320, and also another TLR1-HL for it too.

I still need to get a bunch of P365X Macro 17 round mags, and P320 17's too because all I have is a pile of 15's for those. I recently purchased the 1811 grip module and after dryfiring it a whole lot and the original module, I am never going back to the factory one because that 1811 1911 angle is superior IMO.

I've got the best figured out, a VTAC Raze with HSGI inner grip pad. After finally figuring out the correct size for both, now all I have to do is order. Since my extra pistol esstac kiwis won't work with either the VP9 and P320 mags as they're too loose and easily slip out, I opted for the Unobtanium pistol Sleds that are on order.

All of the above because I really dislike going to the range and not being able to re-holster right away or have mags ready to go. I may get on Tacswap and put a few things on there to help fund this maddening problem of mine

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you looking for advice on anything, or just keeping us up to date with your gear purchases?

I have the HSGI inner grip pad and would have recommended it if you didn't already have it on the list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you train intensively with every one of those, or is it a "just to have" thing? Most of us get by with one setup for gunfight training* and focus on proficiency with a single platform for pistol, rifle and perhaps shotgun. If you have proficiency with all of those pistols that dictates Safariland, uber dollar holsters more power to you, but at that point, why not the combo system that seems to be the industry standard among shooters? FWIW, multi-guns aside, I agree about the belt thing. I saw a video that Lena Miculek posted in which she spliced a ratchet system into her polymer belt and I can only imagine it fits tighter than any 2 belt combination system made; you don't see her belt moving when she draws, or pulls a mag. Don't be upset; my advice bears the pain of many rabbit holes, but if that's what you want, go and do it in good health.

*Okay, Rich probably has a dozen pistol fighting rigs, but he's far beyond my capacity to keep up with. Yes, Rich is an influencer, and his photos will ultimately make you the poor you presently flex on.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was griping out loud to vent because I got in over my head rather too quickly. Wasn't meant to be a flex however I could easily see it this way when misinterpreted.

I like variety, and that whole stick to one gun is a bit of a stretch as far as handguns go, that one guy with only one gun was made up by people trying to talk the talk but only run mouths more than that one gun. Some no doubt can be the one guy to beware of, but most likely is running that gun hard and doesn't look like a safe queen either.

In regards to handguns, they all load the same. They all have the same T1, T2, and T3 stoppage clearing. They all drop mags in the same area and that paddle on the VP9 is rather intuitive to use despite being different yet located in the same area as the others. They all have slide catch's in the same areas too, and all slingshot the same as the other. Both tactical and speed reloads are all done the same way too.

But to answer your question, I don't like being stuck with only one thing, it becomes boring and feels like work. Nor do I like not knowing if there's a better mousetrap out there. I originally gave up on the VP9 after so many many years having the 1911 as my main girl and went to Glock. I was having slide not locking issues. But after getting actual training I have avoided that and want to give it a pepsi challenge because I have noticed that it was the only striker capable of keeping up with the 2011's out there. Can't have a fair challenge if it's not using the same type of holster using the same type of mag pouches from the same belt, same holster design, now can we? I added the 320 to the mix because I already had it so why not as well to be fair?

And the 365X Macro is my new EDC, this has to happen. I don't use my nightstand gun that's my SHTF belt secondary to my primary rifle, as an EDC. Too big, too uncomfortable, and even stripped down and lighter, still prints and would be very uncomfortable. I originally tried the G43X to be that but after shooting both, the Macro was the clear winner that out beat the Glock in every argument that every Glock or die cultist has ever used to argue with. IMO the 365X Macro is what the G48 should have been. And there's no real change when gripping, rotating, presenting, and shooting. They all need the same trigger finger placement area anyways.

Lena probably didn't do 21 years in the US Army either, take a bullet in the back, that already is the leading cause to what 21 years of carrying crap had already done to me for a twofer of why my back pains is real. Oh I've done the inner outer tight combo by the way. Also died each day for a 40 hour class long while doing so. I was suggested to try the padded system. Not only is it more comfortable, there's more pep in my step and I really want to be there. I'll take not wanting to die and like being there over the other alternative.

I know what ratchet system you're talking about too. However I like the ability to do quick adjustments while wearing it to adjust for the weather or clothes being added to or taken off. After researching every quick release out there, I selected Safariland because it's the best out of them all for my needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ended up creating two belts, one more for HD and "gray man" stuff, the other more for a traditional LARP. G17 w/ SF300 in wolf gray palette on the former and I keep it near the bed, P320/M17 in Coyote / multicam for the latter. Both are mostly HSGI w/ Safariland holsters in similar arrangements.

I "grew up" Glock, and as much as admire the engineering of the P320 series, I can't let go of Glock, so I don't shoot my Sigs much.

All my other pistols are really designated as concealed carry, so use entirely different holsters and set-ups.

While I have too many options, I generally focus my training energy on one platform (Glock). Be careful about spreading your training time too thin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I ended up creating two belts, one more for HD and "gray man" stuff, the other more for a traditional LARP. G17 w/ SF300 in wolf gray palette on the former and I keep it near the bed, P320/M17 in Coyote / multicam for the latter. Both are mostly HSGI w/ Safariland holsters in similar arrangements.

I "grew up" Glock, and as much as admire the engineering of the P320 series, I can't let go of Glock, so I don't shoot my Sigs much.

All my other pistols are really designated as concealed carry, so use entirely different holsters and set-ups.

While I have too many options, I generally focus my training energy on one platform (Glock). Be careful about spreading your training time too thin.
    Gotten myself into that situation more than once. You think I'd learn, but the grass is always greener.....and off to another thing. Training is the main theme that I got out of this conversation, and I need to concentrate more on training with one thing than "playing" and "tinkering" with this and that.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my experience, one transfers over to another without anything getting thin however if not training at all or hardly, your presentation suffers and carries to the others just the same.

I liked the one AMAG for my P320 so much that I ordered a small pile while the sale was still active on a site that I frequently use. Probably call it quits until the slide and red dot comes back in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    In my experience, one transfers over to another without anything getting thin however if not training at all or hardly, your presentation suffers and carries to the others just the same.
    I don't think I agree with this, at least if Glock is in the mix. The biggest complaint I hear from Glock haters is the grip angle presents differently than what they are used to. For me, since I'm generally a Glock guy, I lose a bit of time picking up the dot / sight when I shoot something else. Also, triggers on Glock and Sigs are very different, although I honestly don't have enough trigger time on the Sigs to know how much that matters in the "transfers over" category. I have to believe the difference would show up in split times.

Are you training with a shot timer? That's how you'd quantify if these things matter or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I don't think I agree with this, at least if Glock is in the mix. The biggest complaint I hear from Glock haters is the grip angle presents differently than what they are used to. For me, since I'm generally a Glock guy, I lose a bit of time picking up the dot / sight when I shoot something else. Also, triggers on Glock and Sigs are very different, although I honestly don't have enough trigger time on the Sigs to know how much that matters in the "transfers over" category. I have to believe the difference would show up in split times.

Are you training with a shot timer? That's how you'd quantify if these things matter or not.
    It's okay to disagree, however it doesn't change my experiences in regards to though. If the argument about angles interfering were to be introduced, I'd ask if we're comparing a 19 to a 17, same gun yet my hands change and needs to adjusted for a 19. However a 17 with the less pronounced hump feels like a 1911 and getting an 1811 module for my Sig gives me the same angle as a 1911. The slight hump on the 17 makes it's easier to use the hump on the VP9.

Remember, this isn't about swapping out my Glock for something else, this is about using my other things too to get me wanting to get out even more and not be bored using the same things. But to answer your question, no I do not but a shooting buddy does. He's going to time me using it all and do a pepsi challenge. If the others do better than I may change. If not, no harm done and I had some nice projects done and a wonderful reference collection. Plus if any visitor gets trapped here during SHTF they'll have gear already there.

As for triggers, finger placement has been the same on every striker I own. If this were to be an argument on having both strikers and DA/SA, then I'd agree with you. However I know what I know already, I've shot them a ton to know they all need the same spot right before the first joint.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ANR Designs, I found by accident that they make OWB light bearing and red dot supporting QLS holsters. And for a lot cheaper than Safariland. I could pick up two and be good really. I honestly don't need retention holsters for everything.