Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The shorter the barrel is the more muzzle flip your going to have, just physics. ...
    That's why I'm trying to get on Radians short list for one of the first batch for the 43/43X, when they get them in production.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    People have long been trying to crack that code in getting their handguns to be as flat as possible, from comps, adding weight to the front in guide rods or useful tools like flashlights for PID with, to various ammo weights in velocity increases or decreasing.

You really have to pick and chooses your battles for which is being chosen in conjunction with and why.

For my nightstand and secondary for SHTF, I want as flat as possible, firing very fast 9mm NATO speeds 124 grains or as close to at 1,200 FPS because that's what my G45 really likes to hit like a laser in accuracy. That means comp if the Radian works out (they misplaced my package and now saying arrival this Monday lol -_-), and a two cell TLR1-HL. I may even try a tungsten guide rod from GS, or the one from Radian for their barrel and comp.

For EDC, the 365X Macro gives me a more shootable gun and with more ammo than either the 43X or the 48. The Sig is also easier to carry that prints less than either Slimline Glocks at appendix with it's reduced angle grip plus with way more comfort at AIWB than the 48 but with more velocity and a longer guide rod than the 43X. If being away from home it can be modularly adapted by the addition of a light to use in another holster at strong side which is great for nightstand duties at hotels, guest rooms, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    That's why I'm trying to get on Radians short list for one of the first batch for the 43/43X, when they get them in production.
    FT
    So you got confirmation from them that they will be making one for the 43X?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So you got confirmation from them that they will be making one for the 43X?
    Yes, it's in the works according to the guy I talked to. It's a matter of when they will start production that's unknown now. BTW I got a new 43X today. Traded in my 43. Wanted that extra ammo and grip size and it still fits my 43 holster and conceals easily. Should have went that route to begin with.

My question is what holster would a 43X fit with a Radian comp?

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are real nice! Bought a set and i dont have the 43x yet...https://ndzperformance.com/ndz-glock...48-mpf-se-blk/You just need a holster with an open bottom...
    Last edited by Stone; 23 March 2024 at 20:45.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These are real nice! Bought a set and i dont have the 43x yet...https://ndzperformance.com/ndz-glock...48-mpf-se-blk/You just need a holster with an open bottom...
    Thanks for the tip but I have small(ish) hands and the 43X grip fits me great! I did buy a Pyramid trigger, double diamond connector, two extra mags and a tungsten guide rod for the new 43X and a new set of TruGlo tritium sights today also so I'm tapped out for this week, anyway.
    FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 23 March 2024 at 21:47.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tip but I have small(ish) hands and the 43X grip fits me great! I did buy a Pyramid trigger, double diamond connector, two extra mags and a tungsten guide rod for the new 43X and a new set of TruGlo tritium sights today also so I'm tapped out for this week, anyway.
    FT
    Did you consider the Shield Arms metal magazines for extra capacity?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    No BU I didn't. I just bought 2 extra 43.X Glock mags. Didn't know about the others, to be honest. Maybe I'll check some out in a c
    ouple of weeks. I've got time for all that other stuff I bought to get here and me to install it and check 'em out. Between the Radian project and this new 43X I'm getting a little fried.

Edit: I looked at those mags. Didn't know they were $50 bucks each, that you have to change mag releases and then you're OEM 10 round mags won't work. 10+1 is a comfortable number for me in a slimmed down, compact design so I'm pretty sure I won't be making that mod. Does look interesting though if a person were inclined to do it.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 24 March 2024 at 05:52.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Joelski- Ever shoot the 230g +p Federal TB's? Dam! Its a beast!! I would hate to be on the receiving end of either of those rounds...
    No, but I'm searching it now!

I'm always looking for a box or three of carry ammo in any of my preferred calibers. I am really liking the promise of fluted point ammo, like the LeHigh stuff, but damn! $50 for 20 to evaluate? I wonder how many people buy that stuff and just stick it in the gun, hoping it'll work like it says it does?

Good luck on the Casull; usually when that seed gets planted, it takes root sooner or later!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'd do PSA Micro Dagger 15's before I would Shield 15 rounders, bunch of mixed results out there for Shield, meanwhile to PSA ones just need a break in period thagt can be shortened down by wiping everything on the inside down and use the mag a few times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's in the works according to the guy I talked to. It's a matter of when they will start production that's unknown now. BTW I got a new 43X today. Traded in my 43. Wanted that extra ammo and grip size and it still fits my 43 holster and conceals easily. Should have went that route to begin with.

My question is what holster would a 43X fit with a Radian comp?

FT
    If it's going to be a micro as well, then most likely a G48 will already. I mean if they made a 19's comp to fit in a 17's holster, and the 48 is the next size up to a 43 and there's no other out there longer than a 48, logic will dictate that they'll make it to fit a 48's holster then.

I wouldn't do an open holster where the slide or barrel pokes through. After a short bit doing drills for practice things are going to be heated down there after the re holster where flesh becomes bacon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, mine finally arrived last night. Easiest install of a comp ever. Don't need a vice, no loctite, or anything other than a torx set. Heck, with the one provided to use on a torque wrench, even using a multitool in the field to tighten or loosen should the need arise is stupid easy to do.

I'm wondering if I should get their guide rod assembly. I found one in stock but just spent some more money on a holster because I had nothing that the 45 now a 17 size, would fit that wasn't already being used.

Hopefully rounds down range this week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Okay, mine finally arrived last night. Easiest install of a comp ever. Don't need a vice, no loctite, or anything other than a torx set. Heck, with the one provided to use on a torque wrench, even using a multitool in the field to tighten or loosen should the need arise is stupid easy to do.

I'm wondering if I should get their guide rod assembly. I found one in stock but just some more money on a holster because I had nothing that the 45 now a 17 size, would fit that wasn't already being used.

Hopefully rounds down range this week.
    I use a Wheeler in. lbs. torque driver. Over torquing small screws can really screw stuff up. 15 in. lbs. is the rec'd torque spec. so as not to wear it out or over torque and f up the special screw. I just got a Raven holster for a G17 and it fit's like a glove for the G19/Radian comp.

FT

EDIT: I bought a tungsten guide rod from Glockstore.com for stock weight. Also got a Pyramid Trigger assy., connector, and tungsten guiderod for my new 43X. Hopefully they'll release the Radian comp for it soon. I'll be ready if they do.
    Last edited by FortTom; 26 March 2024 at 17:11.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a Wheeler in. lbs. torque driver. Over torquing small screws can really screw stuff up. 15 in. lbs. is the rec'd torque spec. so as not to wear it out or over torque and f up the special screw. I just got a Raven holster for a G17 and it fit's like a glove for the G19/Radian comp.

FT

EDIT: I bought a tungsten guide rod from Glockstore.com for stock weight. Also got a Pyramid Trigger assy., connector, and tungsten guiderod for my new 43X. Hopefully they'll release the Radian comp for it soon. I'll be ready if they do.
    Ya, I don't know who's going to have those in the field if a squib happens and someone happens to have a squib rod. Just saying, it's stupid easy in the field to do regardless and without needing a dedicated toolbox full of tools. Just the bare minimum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Ya, I don't know who's going to have those in the field if a squib happens and someone happens to have a squib rod. Just saying, it's stupid easy in the field to do regardless and without needing a dedicated toolbox full of tools. Just the bare minimum.

If it's a carry gun, then bang, you're dead. If not, and you're just playing, then fix it when you get home. If you shoot squib prone ammo in your self defense weapon then you/re scary. If not, it doesn't take a tool box to knock a squib load out even with the comp. If you just don't care if you f' up an almost $400 mod, then that's up to you. Use your tire iron to torque that baby if it suits you. edit: It doesn't take up much room in your range bag to carry something much bigger than your cell phone and about as fat as a small mag light.
    Last edited by FortTom; 26 March 2024 at 18:50.
    NRA Life Member