Downloads
    Uploads

Ejection Direction (Correction?)

Sorry had to make a title that's impossible to say 5 times fast.

Finally got one of my two SBRs out to the range today. It's a tack driver. But it's spittin' brass to the 2 o'clock position while my other rifles usually go for a nice grouping at 5 o'clock.

It's a Larue stealth upper and their BCG. Is this a sign the extractor is hinky, or I need a heavier buffer, etc?

It extracts, so it's doing it's job, usually people just tend to say that back and to the right is the norm.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it functions fine, don't sweat it. I've found that a lot of carbines with extra extractor tension tend to toss brass forward. Often the brass is hitting the front edge of the deflector.

For a SBR, you should be running at least a H2 buffer instead of a standard carbine buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm running an H currently. But I'm thinking I'll step it up to an H2.

My 10.5 LMT runs like a champ on an H, but the Larue upper seems to be over-gassing.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ideally, you want your brass to eject at the 3-4 o'clock position. The H2 buffer should help. If that doesn't work, the Superior Shooting buffer Spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I'm ordering an H2 buffer from Bravo Company tomorrow, that should help. That said the gun functions fine, so I'll try the H2 but I'm not worried about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Colt 6933 w/H3 buffer and brass spits out at 2 oclock, my Colt 6920 w/H2 buffer spits out at 4 oclock. Both rifles have the Colt heavy extractor springs.

The important thing is that your rifle is ejecting/extracting correctly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's extracting like a champ, even under a rapid fire string. I may try an H2 buffer.

I think I was confusing how shooters talk about how when extraction goes from the 5 to the 2 position it's usually the extractor springs wearing down.

But it spits brass just fine.