Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Short?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what are the specs on that now? 10.5"?

I LIKE IT!

Cameron

Downloads
    Uploads
    10.5 Spikes Upper with SOG Brake
    Aimpoint T-1
    CTR
    ASAP/MS2
    MOE+ on BO
    DD Omega Lite Rail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome build.

I have a 10.5" LMT with the 10" DD Lite rail, I like the set up too.

Cameron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read up on the DPMS kitty Kat. This may put your 7.5 inch fears to rest on the case of terminal performance. I read an article that it may cause the round to tumble more helping stopping power.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneski View Post
    Read up on the DPMS kitty Kat. This may put your 7.5 inch fears to rest on the case of terminal performance. I read an article that it may cause the round to tumble more helping stopping power.
    Can you provide a link or cite that article?

I don't know of any credible SMEs on terminal ballistics that subscribe to this "tumbling bullet" theory.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneski View Post

I would not buy into that for a minute. If you can find the link, please post it.

I would not recommend an ultra short barrel for a general purpose weapon, especially not as a patrol carbine. For range and fun use? Sure. For dedicated, specialized setups? Fine, as long as the needs and limitations are understood by all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guns and weapons for law enforcement magazine, written by paul market article is named DPMS KITTY KAT 5.56 mm. Cant tell you which month as the cover has been lost. The short barrell doesnt lend itself to really stableizing the bullet at range, causing it to tumble much like the vietnam era kills with the M16 A1. They used to call that weapon the meat grinder for a reason. Ammo and weapons today stabalize it better probably the same reason troops complain about lethality. Thats why Law enforcement use the expanding bullets. Military are stuck with 855. My father was in Vietnam and can attest to its lethality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Meant to comment on this earlier, but I too have some reservations about a sub 10" gun for professional use; that said, I still can't help but be impressed by the piece.

Very nice!

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Meant to comment on this earlier, but I too have some reservations about a sub 10" gun for professional use; that said, I still can't help but be impressed by the piece.

Very nice!

AC
    Thanks...Now its time to abuse it... I can't stand safe queens.