Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul ACS Stock Review is up....

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ead.php?t=1277

If you have any question or comments on the ACS stock, this is the place to fire away..... and I'll answer whatever I can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great pictures and write up Stick, I've had mine on pre-order since Jan so hopefully they get released soon. Do you like it better w/ or w/o the enhanced stock pad? I notice most of the pictures are w/o it.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update and great pics as allways. Looks nice.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanx for the post and pics. Will the traditional cleaning rods or otis rods fit in the battery storage compartment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcoastie View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great pictures and write up Stick, I've had mine on pre-order since Jan so hopefully they get released soon. Do you like it better w/ or w/o the enhanced stock pad? I notice most of the pictures are w/o it.

I am not using the enhanced stock because I don't want people thinking it comes with the ACS. Once I write something up, I try to track the images, and I often find them used out of context by people who simply aren't sure of the info.

Down the road I'll probably use it, but not until the ACS has been released.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by moneey View Post
    Thanx for the post and pics. Will the traditional cleaning rods or otis rods fit in the battery storage compartment?

Standard cleaning rods will rattle like the devil, but should fit. I don't have an Otis cleaning kit, so I'm not sure. If you mean the coiled version, it should fit in the trapdoor (I think, but am not able to check).

Downloads
    Uploads
    12.5 and 11.5 barreled weapons have now been added to the thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Stick, for another informative write up.

Is the .75 weight from Magpul, or you? I ask because the SOPMOD weighs 10.9 ozs, and the EMOD weighs 13.8 ozs on my scale. The ACS just "looks" heavier, whatever that is good for.

Do you know the length? In your picture I have in here somewhere comparing the big four stocks, it looks to be in between the SOPMOD and the EMOD. Hard to tell for sure.

For me, I'm hoping the ACS cheek weld is as good as the SOPMOD. The EMOD is slightly less liked, and I feel the UBR is not much better than the CTR in the cheek. I'm hoping this is the perfect general purpose stock; SOPMOD weld with the slanted butt.

Thanks again sir.
    Last edited by CRS188; 13 June 2009 at 00:03. Reason: spelling

Downloads
    Uploads
    excellent review stick..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice review and as always great pics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CRS188 View Post
    Thank you Stick, for another informative write up.

Is the .75 weight from Magpul, or you? I ask because the SOPMOD weighs 10.9 ozs, and the EMOD weighs 13.8 ozs on my scale. The ACS just "looks" heavier, whatever that is good for.

Do you know the length? In your picture I have in here somewhere comparing the big four stocks, it looks to be in between the SOPMOD and the EMOD. Hard to tell for sure.

For me, I'm hoping the ACS cheek weld is as good as the SOPMOD. The EMOD is slightly less liked, and I feel the UBR is not much better than the CTR in the cheek. I'm hoping this is the perfect general purpose stock; SOPMOD weld with the slanted butt.

Thanks again sir.

The weight is out of the Magpul catalog, I did not weight it myself, but I can throw it on a dope scale at the department if you think the numbers don't make sense.

The length is in the catalog as well, but I gave my last copy away. I'll try to remember to slap a tape on it and check.

The UBR is very similar to the CTR for me as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet! Great review. Thanks Stick. I have been waiting for a review on these. They look great, possibly better than the SOPMOD for less $$ and your review seems to back up that perception.

So any word on where and when to buy them yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SB_Pete View Post
    Sweet! Great review. Thanks Stick. I have been waiting for a review on these. They look great, possibly better than the SOPMOD for less $$ and your review seems to back up that perception.

So any word on where and when to buy them yet?

Every Magpul dealer and distributor will most likely carry them, but Magpul has not released a positive date as of yet. I think we are pretty close if you want my guess, but its just a guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't wait!!! I'd like to replace my SOPMOD with the ACS on my 14.5". The SOPMOD will then go on my next build, a 308, SR-25 clone. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone have info on where to pre-order? I don't see the ACS on the Magpul site and I want to get in line for one of these. Thx.