Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No rain, won't know until I try it.

That sight you linked to doesn't really do what I think the CSAT is designed to do. The CSAT is supposed to give you a way to aim POA/POI at close range as well as at distance, with some amount of holdover involved in between (where holdover is typically 1.5"+/- and doesn't much matter anyway).

If I run it I'll definitely be doing so on a short radius gun since that's all I own.

I'm going to hold off buying the CSAT anyway as it's too small and I'll lose it without the sight to install it in.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    "for close work" I'm anxious to try one of the CSAT rear apertures with the notch in the top. I'm actually considering using irons only in a Pat Rogers class in December and running one of Paul's apertures in a Daniel Defense rear sight for the class to suss it out.
    I've looked at that a few times. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on it when you do. The idea behind my layout for this rifle is "irons only", especially for the first few classes, then add the RDS later for convenience.

Jester, Thanks for the info on the C4. Gives me a better idea on how that sight works.

Looks like I'm leaning towards the Troy Fixed front and rear, with the DD rear the next most likely option. Thanks to processing at the ATF, I have a few weeks to work this out....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm working on a setup that's totally different; details in a few weeks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm getting ready to set up my 7.5" 9mm SBR to run "irons only". I already have the DD A1.5 rear, which I'm thinking about putting a CSAT in. I've decided on the Troy fixed front sight that has HK shaped ears. I think I may get the tritium version though, because I don't plan on running an optic.

What do you guys think about that configuration?

Jay

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYTEAM View Post
    I'm getting ready to set up my 7.5" 9mm SBR to run "irons only". I already have the DD A1.5 rear, which I'm thinking about putting a CSAT in. I've decided on the Troy fixed front sight that has HK shaped ears. I think I may get the tritium version though, because I don't plan on running an optic.

What do you guys think about that configuration?

Jay
    If you already have the DD Rea, I'd get the DD Front to match. You can put a tritium on the front also. I'm not a big fan of the HK style.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I realized we were talking about different rear apertures when I looked a little closer. I thinking of the Weapons Solutions version with a rear notch.

http://weaponsolutions.com/Welcome.html

I already have the DD rear, and I have thought about using the DD front. I still haven't made my mind up yet. I am leaning towards the Troy fixed HK one though.

Jay
    Certified Glock Armorer