Several years ago before I educated myself properly on AR style rifles, I purchased a Palmetto Arms rifle. I didn't know much and was looking for a pre-ban when I bought it. Does anyone here know much about Palmetto Arms?

I learned a few things online but information is hit and miss. I have determined that my particular rifle was made between 1979 and 1982 based on the serial number. I also discovered that Palmetto Arms is an Italian company that assembled much of their product from other makers parts. According to one websource, the PA lowers were made from a single billet of aluminum---mine has circular markings on the lower, aparently from the machines that cut the lower to shape.

I discovered all this after I purchased a few Magpul PMAG's last December and found that they did not fit easily into the PA magwell. Removing them was nearly impossible! That is what led me to researching and gathering as much new information on AR-15 style rifles I could find. It is what led me here! I have learned a lot from the folks here and hope to continue to do so.

So, if anyone has any information or insight to add about Palmetto Arms I would appreciate the input. Thanks!

Stay safe,

-Chris