Thread: bare receivers

Downloads
    Uploads

bare receivers

New to forum and just finished first Ar-15 build (16" heavy barrel carbine) and thinking about the next. Curious if you could order upper and lower receivers bare aluminum, with no coating? I think the aluminum with a matte finish and a free floated (carbon fiber hand guard) matte stainless barrel would be a neat look. Like to see pics if any out there. Google searches have turned up nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Although I haven't confirmed it myself, a friend of mine told me that MEGA will make your receiver to your liking (within reason of course). Hope this gets you somewhere. If not, I'm sorry.

I was talking with him about getting clean receivers that have no markings other than the serial number, and he mentioned MEGA was willing to do that; I would imagine if they are willing to do that, then bare aluminum shouldn't be a problem.

Just keep in mind that the anodized finish on aluminum is crucial to the life of your receiver. It protects it from the elements, wear, and tear. You'll have to clean it fairly often to prevent oxidization.

-rebelEMPIRE

Downloads
    Uploads

POF has this, the pic is from Rainier Arms website. I thought at one time they had these lowers, but I might have seen it somewhere else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the POF receivers are NP3 coated by Robar Industries and not bare aluminum..
    "In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where we can see them."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not to concerned about the oxidation problem, with a matte finish. Just like the look of bare metals. I work with aluminum every day (6061-6063 mostly) and there really isn't that much oxidation problems. Are these receivers a special alloy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could always get a clear ano done.

Downloads
    Uploads