Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Informative post. If you have the time, here are three questions for you,

I was looking for better grade versions of CTD's open topped $9.97 double MOLLE-160 and $19.95 double stacked MOLLE-022,

Not finding them, I came across these, that are similar to the ones in your review,

BLPM03-1 BattleLab Tiered Open Mag Pouch (would prefer webbing on outside for stacking)
    BLPM04 BattleLab M4/M16 Single Open Top Mag Pouch (single/double)

1. When you stack two pouches together. Will they both still be able to hold 30rd AK 7.62 mags, or will they become narrower due to the stacking and not allow insertion of mags? Had this problem with a cheaper brand of pouches.

2. On the HSGI UMMPS, and if you know on the top listed models, if you don't rock the 30rd AK 7.62 mag during removal, and only pull up straight, is there any overlapping fabric, stitching within or anything else at the top edge of the opening on the pouch, that will snag on the mag locking catch?

3. If you know, does HSGI and Paraclete also use Cordura® Solution Dyed Nylon (Cordura®-SDN) fabric like BattleLab? Thought it was an industry standard with the big names, but it's an interesting marketing point/ploy that BL mentions it on their site as a desired feature. Maybe you could list this "feature" in all your reviews and what manufacturers include it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorge Drifter View Post
    Informative post. If you have the time, here are three questions for you,

BLPM03-1 BattleLab Tiered Open Mag Pouch (would prefer webbing on outside for stacking)
    BLPM04 BattleLab M4/M16 Single Open Top Mag Pouch (single/double)

1. When you stack two pouches together. Will they both still be able to hold 30rd AK 7.62 mags, or will they become narrower due to the stacking and not allow insertion of mags? Had this problem with a cheaper brand of pouches.
    couldn't tell you. i have no need to stack anything. i'm not going to tell you how to run your gear, but double stacking a tiered pouch? that's going to put you 4 magazines out from your rig?

2. On the HSGI UMMPS, and if you know on the top listed models, if you don't rock the 30rd AK 7.62 mag during removal, and only pull up straight, is there any overlapping fabric, stitching within or anything else at the top edge of the opening on the pouch, that will snag on the mag locking catch?
    The only pouches to date that I have NOT had to rock the magazine out were the DBT short m4 shingle, the Triad Tactical 30 round shingle, The HSGI Taco pouch, and any of the osoe stuff (all johns stuff is wide enough to not need to rock it out).

3. If you know, does HSGI and Paraclete also use Cordura® Solution Dyed Nylon (Cordura®-SDN) fabric like BattleLab? Thought it was an industry standard with the big names, but it's an interesting marketing point/ploy that BL mentions it on their site as a desired feature. Maybe you could list this "feature" in all your reviews and what manufacturers include it.
    [/quote]
    I'm pretty sure that Tact Tailor and eagle don't. i'll try to find out.
    HSGI says
    It depends on the contracts we have at the time , but mostly solution dye is used . Our runs of cordura are ran along with other makers , so it makes sense for them to run both or all cordura together .
    I have an email out to john at osoe, so once i hear back from him, you'll have another quote.
    Last edited by Urban Tactical Gear; 16 September 2009 at 09:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse the misunderstanding that may have been conveyed. I meant, stacking two single stacks together, i.e., Two DBT BLPM04 together, one on top of another, making it two magazines thick. Still not as thick as some of those HSGI chest rigs, with the built in fold out picnic table.

I was also hoping DBT made a double version of BLPM04, i.e, side by side, but didn't see it in their catalog. Those $16.95 DBT BLPM04 singles get pricey, for something ad hoc. Maybe doubles would be less expensive like other manufacturers.

Perhaps why you can get one AK47 mag in, is because DBT left some play in the fabric to allow stacking M16 mags only. If AK47 30's can be stacked in the DBT as well, then that would be a plus.

Since you have them on hand. I was curious if on the DBT, stacking made the pouch tighter with a smaller capacity, where you may have noticed a potential problem with AK47 type 30rd mags, or if they left the right amount of fabric for sufficient expansion.

Wish the HSGI had straps on their pouches and not those clips. Am satisfied with their other items I have, but I'm limiting my self to use of web strapped MOLLE connections. As I lack confidence and any experience with the clip on connections that they and mostly others use. IIRC who do not have patent rights for usage of straps on their product line.

Good to hear that HSGI cares enough to use completely treated fabric and components. Am surprised Eagle does not, I thought they would, given popularity of their product line, e.g., CIRAS, etc. Maybe you can also start a plate/armor carrier vest thread as well. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dude malice clips are the way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

No thanks

No thanks, I'll pass on clips.

P/S

Dude, I thought clips and the like were originally "conceived" as a cheap go around, by everyone with a second hand sewing machine (or access to sweat shops in Asia) who wanted to be a gear manufacturer, and couldn't afford to pay for the US patent usage fee for straps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    there are very few companies that still use molle straps. condor, dbt, ats and blackhawk are the only three that i can think of off the top of my head. everyone else use malice clips.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorge Drifter View Post
    No thanks, I'll pass on clips.

P/S

Dude, I thought clips and the like were originally "conceived" as a cheap go around, by everyone with a second hand sewing machine (or access to sweat shops in Asia) who wanted to be a gear manufacturer, and couldn't afford to pay for the US patent usage fee for straps.

Your Loss !

I have repaired more snaps than you could imagine ! Malice clips do not corrode because some lazy-Azz didn't keep up with his PM schedule .
    Affordability ..........well let's say there is more labor and cost into producing the strap and snap over the Malice clips . Prices of raw goods are climbing just about every time you turn around . We , the manufacturers are trying our best to keep the price down as much as we can for the best part . Though petroleum prices have gone down a bit , the price of raw goods have NOT ! Converting to a product that has stood up to the test and helps keep the cost down is alright with myself and also with countless thousands upon thousands of others .

Gene @ HSGI

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello!

Very intresting for me, but....

Can you reload all foto in this topic?

AK - it's my working rifle. And now I want to find best pouches for himself.