A few weeks ago I was looking through the latest Brownells AR 15/M 16 catalog #4 and notice an page 19 a product called the Sure Shot Extended Bolt Release.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=2...Bolt_Release_I

I know that Magpul has a product called the Battery Assist Device also know as the B.A.D. that allows a person to release the bolt with the trigger finger. I was not aware of anyone other then Magpul with a product like this. About a week later I was placing an order with them and decided to try it out.

I order the Extended Bolt Release II because they were out of the EBR I. The EBR II has larger pad for your finer, other then that they appear to be the same. It comes with the release two set screws and an allen wrench. It‘s made out of aluminum with a black finish.

Installation was simple and did not require any disassembly of the rifle. Making sure the rifle is unloaded lock the bolt to the rear. Slide the device over the bolt catch, the large part that your thumb uses to release the bolt, and tighten the set screw down with the supplied allen wrench. That’s it.

Using the device is also simple. Stick your trigger finger through the trigger guard and push. At first I thought it was a little awkward and I had concerns about having my finger that far in the trigger guard, but when using it with a magazine with dummy ammo my concern went away. Is it faster the using your thumb? Yes, and with a little practice I can see how someone could become very fast. I can see this becoming popular with the three gun crowed.

Simple well made and works like it’s designed to. I like it.