Looking for the AK minimalist rig? Don't want to spend a lot of time and money trying to find the perfect combination of chest rig and pouches?

Gentlemen, I submit to you, look no farther. The folks over at OSOE have developed a solution that will give you all you need in one nice, neat, small and convenient package.

This Chest rig has been out for just about a year, and this is the first time it has left any forum but GOTX, which is where I found it. It's really taken off over there, as there are quite a few guys that have run them in the TRG fighting rifle classes.

Borrowed photo from GOTX

So, anyways. Here's the rig:

This rig will hold up to 4 ak magazines. The lids on the pouches, like the rallyman and gen II pouches, are fully adjustable. Unlike those pouches though, it's a much nicer snug fit for the magazines. The flaps don't play as much of a part in retention as the separate pouches do.

The pouch on the left side was originally designed to hold the TRG's Ventaliated Operator's Kit (VOK). OSOE is in the process of making up a series of inserts for this pouch, which will include a removable med insert, pistol pouches, etc

Like the OSOE Micro Rig Pals version, this chest rig also features a rear pouch for whatever you want to put in it.

This one is designed to fit on the built in rear pouch:

I personally love this rig. It's not small enough to be a concealable rig, but for a GHB platform, it is fully functional.

This product is available through either john's website or TRG's. i've linked to them enough, and for to stand with the new guidelines i won't post them here. Further, As i've said before; I am average joe weekend warrior. I work for a nation wide beverage company. unfortunatly; I have no financial interest with Tactical Response Gear, OSOE/John Willis. I in no way represent their product availability or pricing. I can provide contact information for any company listed here-in, but will only do so via pm.