Downloads
    Uploads

DD Low Profile Gas Blocks?

guys, i recently used one of these in a build of mine, to go under a Larue Rail.

This rifle is a serious use/heavy use carbine and im a little concerned with the method of attachment. im concerned about the bolts backing out and the block loosening up. is this a legit concern or will this block be staying put? the bolts have been rocksetted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're Rocksetted them I'm 99% sure they won't come lose. You can still have it pinned for piece of mine if you wanted. Any gunsmith with a milling machine could drill and pin it with 1/8" straight pins.
    VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    ADCO offers single-pin for something like $30.

Outside of pinning, the best solution is to mill indents into the barrel where the set-screws attach but since the DD is a clamp-on block that's not really an option. In looking at the block, I'm not even 100% certain there is room to pin it, although ADCO could tell you for sure if it's pin-able. maybe through the top?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    im thinking it would have to be through the top.

i ordered a Larue GB and it should be here in a couple days. would this be a better option? i could send it off to rob to have it installed/pinned

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are concerned, stake the screws. You aren't going to have any problems if it was installed correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the help guys! its been staked and rocksetted. ill save the Larue GB for another build.