Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads

initial observations

*more information and pics to come*

I installed the XTC comp and have been eager to try it out. I've been shooting for a couple of years using the standard A2 cage (so quite familiar with the sound) and its recoil and have had some shooting time with the PWS 556.

my setup : S&W MP15, carbine buffer, enhanced AR15 carrier. Ammo was 55 fmj bullet with 25 grains of TAC powder.

Recoil : Was somewhat lessened, and muzzle rise was noticeably less than the A2 birdcage. Not as effective, IMO than the PWS 556 but...

Sound : MUCH more pleasant than the PWS. The PWS can best be described as a sinus rattling shock wave. Firing the XTC, I never felt the shock wave, matter of fact the report was only slightly louder than birdcage!

Mind you I wear 33dB ear plugs so the sound gets deadened...
    Overall, I would recommend this comp to someone who is spends his time at the shooting bench or who does timed tactical shooting or training. However, the PWS seems to have a slight edge in eliminating more muzzle rise so I would still recommend the PWS for competitions, at the cost of a much more unpleasant sound.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi guys - I am new to the forums and been trolling, but am not new to the AR Platform. Been firing them since 1996 when I first joined the Army [I was a Light Cav Scout].

So anyone have anymore feedback on this XTC?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I went ahead and bought the XTC. I am happy with it overall. It may not the best comp out there but it works really well. Muzzle rise is minimal now - of course maybe b/c the Army never issues them so going from a standard A2 to this is a big difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    will the 6.8XPC version work with 300AAC barrel (the thread pitch is the same)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Necropost, but with reason. I had some nice testing yesterday. Range day with a few friends, one a complete newb to shooting, one Marine, and another female who had shot, but never an AR. I had an A4 with standard comp and then my pre-production XTC on a middy BCM carbine.
    The middy with the XTC was a winner in terms of preference and shootability. I shot on line with them right next to the XTC and it wasn't a problem with me. It did a great job with controllability, which I already knew, but the female who hadn't shot an AR and her Marine husband had a great time with it. So much so that they have decided they want a middy carbine like this set up.