Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'll see if I can dig one up.
    Stick,

Would it be ok if I used one or two of your Seekins pics from the Seekins Review you posted so I can make some observations/annotations (circles/arrows/text) to point out the transition lines issues I am referring to in comparison between a standard upper, Sun Devil upper, and VLTOR upper?

I will post them to this thread if you don't mind--Stickman logos intact on the images.

- Adam
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    Stick,

Would it be ok if I used one or two of your Seekins pics from the Seekins Review you posted so I can make some observations/annotations (circles/arrows/text) to point out the transition lines issues I am referring to in comparison between a standard upper, Sun Devil upper, and VLTOR upper?

I will post them to this thread if you don't mind--Stickman logos intact on the images.

- Adam

No problem at all, thanks for asking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am posting (or reposting of Stick's images) to highlight what I was talking about earlier regarding the aesthetic line flow of various upper receivers mounted on top of a Seekins lower receiver. I think that the Sun Devil upper is an ideal match for the Seekins due to its lack of lines and its nice beveled edges where the receivers come together.

I will post more pics tonight or tomorrow of my Sun Devil on my Seekins after I pick up my Seekins lower from my FFL this evening.

- Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got some pictures shot, I'll try to get them resized and uploaded in a little bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seekins Billet Lower with SunDevil upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seekins Billet Lower with Vltor MUR Upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

I guess nothing is perfect. Both look pretty good, both are much better looking with the Seekins than a standard upper.

I like the Sun Devil, not only because I have one, but because it seems to transition smoothly with the Seekins. Thanks for digging around to put these together.

- Adam
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by federalist22 View Post
    Stick,

I guess nothing is perfect. Both look pretty good, both are much better looking with the Seekins than a standard upper.

I like the Sun Devil, not only because I have one, but because it seems to transition smoothly with the Seekins. Thanks for digging around to put these together.

- Adam
    I agree, looks better with the Sun Devil. Thanks Stick.
    Distribute my work ethic, not my paycheck.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankieclarke/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a few quick snapshots of my Seekins-SunDevil build.

- Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the build I just finished, except for my optic and forward grip. My friend and I each built one of these over the weekend. I am pretty pleased with the results and when I get my optic in a week or so I look forward to getting out the the range.

Components:
    - Seekins Lower
    - Sun Devil Upper
    - YHM 16" 1:7 chrome-lined barrel
    - Magpul MIAD grip
    - Magpul CTR stock (I have an ACS on order, should arrive tomorrow)
    - DD gas block
    - DD sling mount
    - DD M4 Rail - 12"
    - Timney 3-lb Skeleton Trigger
    - RRA LPK
    - S&W Bolt Carriage (leftover from a piston mod of an M&P15)
    - WOA Charging Handle
    - CMT Bolt
    - Magpul MBUS
    - Magpul PMAG
    - Magpul XTM Rail Covers
    - Gear Sector ASP
    - PWS FSC556 muzzle device

- *Optic will be Aimpoint
    - *Optic Mount will be an ADM mount.
    - *Forward grip will be Bobro Short.

Last edited by federalist22; 17 August 2009 at 14:45.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking weapon. Good choice on the upper :)

I finally got my Sun Devil upper to actually fit on my RRA lower but it still has a big gap in the back, so I am back to square one on the lower. It looks like these two pieces mate together with no gaps. Very nice build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Creeky. Sorry to hear about the fitting issue you found. I will say that there is, at one angle, a sliver of gap where I can see light on the other side even with these components, but it is solid with no play.
    Last edited by federalist22; 19 August 2009 at 01:47.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is a old thread but I was wondering how eveyone is still liking there Seekins Lowers? Any chance of a pic with a Seekins Lower and a Rainier Arms billet upper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had received one back in November. Problem was mine didn't fit PMAGS. It went back to the factory for the problem to be addressed. I DID I ask Glen if it was possible to have the full auto markings filled while it was there, and to his credit he agreed to do it free of charge. I didn't get my lower back until February. My PMAGS STILL didn't fit, and the fill job on the markings looked absolutely horrid. I got on the horn with him and he said ship it back again and send the problem mag (while NONE of my PMAGS fit), and he'd pay shipping both ways. As it turned out I had to pay shipping back to the factory anyways. Earlier this month I got tired of waiting for it (6 months from when I originally received it I STILL didn't have a functioning lower). He told me he'd send me a check, which I still haven't received. According to my inbox, that was 13 days ago.

Here's a quote from one of his emails after it went back the second time. "I have had your lower that was in spec, absolutely nothing wrong with it. Since 2/11 after sending it back to you the first time. The only mags that I could find that will not fit are the new Pmags and regardless of how they fit in your other lowers they are out of tolerance and should not have been released for sale. It is impossible for anyone to build a part, that is in spec and assume it will work with another part that is out of tolerance. That is why the spec is there."

Truth is the exact same PMAGS, to include the one I sent back with the lower, all fit perfectly in a the other lowers I tested them in. The other lowers I tried were a Noveske, and a S&W M&P. I even took the Seekins lower into my local gunstore to try out several of their PMAGS to see if mine were just oversized or something. None of them fit either, and that was AFTER I got it back the first time. A pity. I had truly been excited about using one of those lowers. I think they're GREAT looking. I'm now building up a DD lower. I want something that I KNOW will function with my mags. Cheaper is better as well now that my wife is pregnant with our first.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 26 April 2010 at 06:22.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    i wanted one so bad, but they were $300+. Now I see them for $250 and dont need it anymore....