Thread: My new N4 Basic

Downloads
    Uploads

My new N4 Basic

Wasn't planning on getting anything new for awhile, but as things have it, circumstances weren't as bad as they first appeared and finances freed up. That being the case, I picked up a N4 Basic on Tuesday. Hope to get out this weekend to wring it out. I have to say that these rifles are very very nice. I will be sure to follow up with a report.

five13 Guest
    Looks good, I see your on the job. Sometimes you have to buy good work gear and figure out the finances later.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. What are the specs on your new piece?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Features:

* 14.5″ Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7″ twist, 5.56mm
    * Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
    * Extended Feed Ramps
    * Mil Spec Phosphate finish
    * Same weight as M4 barrel, 1 lb, 9 oz, but improved contour for maximum rigidity, no M203 notch
    * MP HP tested with certification
    * Carbine length gas system
    * Permanently installed Vortex Flash Hider
    * MP tested bolt
    * Properly staked carrier key
    * Auto carrier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice Ryan. Please post the range report once you have taken it out.

thmpr Guest
    Tagged! Would like to see a range report of at least a 100 yards shot groups.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't have a lot of time today, but I was able to make it to the range. Didn't have a chance to see how it grouped, just a quick sight in at 50 yards. Based upon that fact, I am not comfortable yet on commenting about just how accurate I believe this rifle is. Additionally, as I was limted to 250 rounds, I can't really comment yet on overall reliablity, however, I have absolutely no problems to report. I did run several drills quiet hard and it was actually sort of boring. Put dot on target, pull trigger, bang, repeat as necessary.

I will tell you that I have a very strong feeling, if all goes as I think it will, that I might just be a full fledged convert to Noveske from Colt after the premilinary testing is completed. Noveske has a winner here and you get a lot for the money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The other day I dropped the new Daniel Defense Omega Rail onto the Novekse Basic carbine, and I have to admit that I liked it even more than I thought I would. There is something about a fixed FSB that I like, but that could be because I carry one in a similar configuration every day.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! I want to get one of the N4 basic uppers soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The other day I dropped the new Daniel Defense Omega Rail onto the Novekse Basic carbine, and I have to admit that I liked it even more than I thought I would. There is something about a fixed FSB that I like, but that could be because I carry one in a similar configuration every day.

I'd like to see some pics if you don't mind. Despite my best intentions to keep this rifle simple, I can't help but toy with the idea of putting an Omega Rail on it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Stick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice pic. Stickman. Congrats, Ryan, on the new shooter. I am conflicted whether to buy this rifle or build my own from the ground up.