In need of a barrel

I need a barrel and these are some of the specs I think I want

16"
    5.56mm
    Chrome-Lined
    Mid-length Gas system
    1:7 twist rate
    M4 feed ramps
    and I think I am wanting the front sight base already installed so I don't have to have grooves machined into the barrel later on for the taper pins. I don't mind taking it off to install the FF rail, though.

I have been looking at this but I don't want the A2 flash hider, delta ring assembly or barrel nut since I am planning on using a 9" Daniel Defense Lite FF Rail and a Vortex flash suppressor. This one looks ok, but I believe it doesn't have the FSB.

Am I shooting in the dark for this or does such a beast exist, and in stock somewhere? I also prefer a decent brand.

Thanks!

Do y'all have any ideas on what might work?
    Last edited by niner; 5 August 2009 at 19:37.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sabre makes a good barrel, but remember that if you purchase a stripped barrel, there will be no gas block/ FSB or delta ring. Its not a bad way to do things if you are putting a long rail on over a low profile gas block, but you don't want to do it if you are going to want a pinned FSB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you get a barrel with a fixed FSB it’s going to have a delta ring assy and nut. You can sell the left over parts and help recoup your cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I might as well get the first one in the first link that has everything, I figured as much, but I was hoping there was a stripped barrel except for the FSB.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske Stainless Barrels are the way to go if you can find one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I want a chrome lined barrel for this build, I am building another with an SS barrel also.

I found this that might be nice, but I was wanting to assemble everything myself instead of just popping a premade upper on my lower. But I have heard lots of good things about Noveske N4 barrels. hrm..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not just pick up a complete Bravo Company barreled upper? yeah, you're going to wind up with a barrel nut you don't need, but I don't really see that as a big deal and you get one of the best barrels on the market.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske or Sabre, as for the flash sup, you can always take it off and replace it with a tunning fork (vortex) or whatever you feel like it. Have you tried other retailers? rainier, dynamics, and talon arms?. Good luck on your build

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have checked many other sources including Rainierarms, and talonarms, not sure who dynamics is though. I am, however, going to use a Rainier Arms barrel for another I am putting together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think CMMG makes what you seek.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a very similar list of wants and went with the BCM middy upper. The barrel nut is in my parts box as I went with a DD Lite 12" and low pro gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BravoCompany, as well as Denny's Guns/GTS also sells complete uppers that are BCM Uppers with DD Lite Rails installed.

I'd go this route - Rob mentioned that it'll be hard to beat the BCM features, and buying the upper complete as you want it would be the easiest and likely cheapest way to go.