Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

LEO/Military Magpul Class in Calif

Ok guys,

We are endeavoring to get this class going at my Depts Range and it is now on the books. All we need now is to get enough people signed up.

Unfortunately because of the nature of the "Active Shooter" type training and information to be covered, along with our range use restrictions, this will be a class for LEO and Military only. Our range staff has reserved the right to make exceptions for others such as civilian RSOs for other departments, corporated reps etc, but this must be cleared through them.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    “Hyper Violent Weapons Manipulation”

Advanced Carbine Class
    (Tailored to the Active Shooter Response)
    - This will be a Law Enforcement / Military Only class -
    - 3 Days of intense Tactical Carbine and Handgun shooting
    (1500 rds Carbine, 500 rds Handgun)

The cost for this course will be $600 per person plus the cost of ammunition.

Scheduled For February 17-19, 2010

(We need 18 students paid up by Nov 25, 2009 or the class will be canceled)

Hosted by the San Bernardino County Sheriff Academy Range

Information Contact: Deputy Rob Kirk ( rkirk3d@msn.com )
    Sign Up Contact: Jill Reynolds ( jreynolds@magpul.com ) (877) 462-4785 EXT 126[/SIZE]
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 7 August 2009 at 20:26.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    MAGPUL DYNAMICS
    HYPER VIOLENT RESPONDERS WEAPONS TRAINING SYNOPSIS

SCOPE
    Magpul Dynamics is prepared to provide a comprehensive 3 day Hyper Violent Carbine Course to Local Law Enforcement personnel in the Southern California Districts hosted by San Bernardino County Sheriffs Office. This comprehensive package is specifically designed to bring together all aspects of psychological mindset and tactical carbine employment during critical incident responses. This will allow each of your personnel to function as a more efficient and effective shooter/trainer in support of your agencies mission.

This training is designed for those members of your unit who already possess the requisite mindset, basic tactics, street survival, and weapons handling skills. Magpul Dynamics will focus on progressing your professionals towards maximum efficiency and effectiveness while teaching accurate shooting in a complex and constantly changing tactical environment.

TRAINING
    Course Description:
    An advanced course specifically designed for the law enforcement officer in mind. Basic and advance weapons skills incorporated with realistic scenarios based on active shooter situations. The goal is to get the shooter more confident with their equipment, shooting abilities and working with others. This course is a fast-paced, hands-on, with live fire drills forcing the shooter to find the perfect balance of speed and precision. The course will also focus on team communication and tactical telepathic’s. This course will introduce the students to skills necessary to successfully negotiate any active shooter situation and provide a template for training sustainment. The topics listed below will be covered in depth.

Fundamentals and BZO of the Carbine
    Rapid threat analysis and acquisition and as if relates in an Active Shooter situation
    Discussion of Terminal ballistics and how it relates to shooting abilities during critical stress
    Shooting on the move
    Multiple target engagement
    Strong and reaction side shooting
    Malfunctions
    Transition to Secondary weapon system
    Natural and improvised shooting positions
    Barricade and obstacle shooting
    Shooting from vehicles (Vehicle response to engagement with an active shooter)
    Concealed shooting (off duty response to active shooter scenario)
    Low light shooting techniques and using light to your advantage
    Individual and team confidence enhancement shooting drills
    Individual and team shooting and cover techniques as it applies to active shooter situations.
    Psychological / Mindset training for the active shooter responder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting some positive responses on this class already fromother directions here. Anyone interested be advised, this class will have a limited capacity. I do believe this will be an awsome class, and our range facilities are very nice to boot!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I could afford it, I'd be all over this class.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've taken the Carbine 1 class and it was well worth it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK Guys... Good news...

Just got the word from our RSO...

Steel core ammo such as M855/SS109 or the Comm Block stuff for your AK's is ok to shoot. NO... I repeat NO tracer ammo tho (fire hazard and illegal in Calif.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok Guys,

As of today 08/31/2009 I am informed by Magpul Dynamics that only three (3) people have signed up for the class thus far. I know there are more of you than that who have expressed an interest to me via e-mail or replies on the web. If we are going to see this happen we need to get the minimum (18) signed up by 3 months prior to the class (about Nov 25,2009), otherwise Magpul will have to pull the plug on this to make the dates available for other engagements.

This will indeed be a unique training experience, so lets get it done and look forward to making many fine new friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    bumped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Email from Jill just to clarify the sign up and payment schedule....

Hi Rob,

We're up to 6 people in the class. I was just looking at the flier and it says that 18 people need to be paid up by Nov. but maybe you want to say 18 "registered". We don't bill credit cards until 30 days prior to the class. I'd hate to be scaring people away because they think they need to have the $600 up front. Just a suggestion.

JILL REYNOLDS
    Training Administrator
    Magpul Dynamics
    www.magpuldynamics.com
    1.877.4MAGPUL x 126
    Email: jreynolds@magpul.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    A note on Logistics......

Payment: Just a thought but if you will notice Magpul will not be charging your credit card until 30 days prior to the class (mid January). Many of you will have filed for your income tax return by the time that bill arrives, so the problem will be solve in short order.

Ammo Transport: Any of you who buy ammo after late November when the class is set in stone can have it shipped to our range and they will hold it for you. When the time comes email me and I'll get you the details. This way all you gotta haul is guns n butts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update 09/17/09:

The class size is building, but we still need a few more so tell your friends. This class is shaping up to have a great cross section of people from LEO (Local and Federal) as well as various Military which we will be honored to have amongst us. I anticipate this not only being a great class, but a wonderfull oportunity to network with and meet some great people. Those who miss out may very well come to regret it on several levels.

Looking forward to meeting you all..

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Class size has currently grown to 11 with two more I am aware of who will be signing up which will bring us to 13. This is shaping up well and I for one am looking forward to training with this group.

Keep the registrations comeing guys, we need at least 5 more..

Downloads
    Uploads
    A couple of pictures to wet the appetite....

One of the 50 yard ranges.

The 300 yard range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update!!!

OK Guys (LEO/MIL Gals welcome too). We are not quite there yet with sign up, however if I was one of those who wanted to do this and had not yet signed up, I'd be getting nervous about availability.

Per Magpul the MAX CLASS size is 20. Last I knew we have 11 firm signups and there are 2 comp spots going to our range for use, putting us at 13. Only 7 spots left and I am aware of at least 3 others who are going to sign up, which will leave 4 more open, so things may get tight soon.

This will not be your ordinary "Carbine 2" class and I would hate to be one of those who missed out and regretted it later. If you have signed up but have friends still on the slow train, tell them to kick it into gear.