Downloads
    Uploads

Sig MCX Discussion

I think Sully and I are the only ones with these things, but they're pretty sweet. I finally got to shoot mine a bunch, and it is smooth. Flipping the gas block over to suppressed mode keeps the rifle feeling almost identical when I throw my Saker on. A couple guys at the range today are very interested in the MCX for 3 gun, and it's easy to see why.

Should we trust Sig? After the botched 556, I wouldn't. Heck, I think they are generating a lot of hate right now with the gen 2 MPX changes that aren't backwards compatible with the original guns. I'm surprised at how much I like the MCX, so hopefully Sig can get their act together and support it. All the proposed short barrels in several calibers, alternate handguards and stocks, and caliber conversions are still vaporware.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought you sold that thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He had a change of heart.. But I really want to test it out ASAP!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I thought you sold that thing.
    The buyer backed out, so I thought I'd at least try it out. Probably shouldn't have, because now I want to keep it. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig's recent record scares me, and the fact that they are already producing a gen2 doesn't give me great confidence. I do think it is a very interesting design and I think that the potential is huge. I will agree they are very smooth shooting.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I lived somewhere I could SBR one I'd be more interested. The folding stock would make it a nice backpack gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    If I lived somewhere I could SBR one I'd be more interested. The folding stock would make it a nice backpack gun.
    I think the MCX is only a viable platform as a SBR. Full size I see no benefit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed. So I'll never get one unless I move out of NJ. But the weird thing for me is if rather have the McCain receivers over the 556. I just wish they could make
    It have the 556 classic forend and folding stock. Until then it's just another case of sig building ALMOST what i want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I have an MPX I'm looking more closely at the MCX. I'm impressed by the design although I'm generally a mil-spec DI guy. I didn't mind venturing further afield on the 9mm platform as I never seriously consider 9mm ARs anyway (would have gone with an MP5).

I don't know any other company that is investing/risking as much in R&D for the civilian consumer as Sig and the innovation is showing. They've had some issues along the way (gen 1 / 2 w/ MPX), but I'd rather them continue to learn and risk obsoleting themselves then abandoning all development once it's out the door (which we've seen several times from other manufacturers).

It will be a while until I have budget to seriously consider picking up an MCX, but I definitely understand the attraction now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to dig this old post up, but I've had the MCX on my mind recently.

Any further thoughts from folks on the MCX? Experiences with them over the last few years?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  20200218_223301.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.57 MB

Love my 11.5 virtus. Smooth as butter.