Page 233 of 248 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I've never ordered from them, but $463 caught my attention.
    https://www.scopelist.com/US-Optics-...cope-TS-6.aspx

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    US Optics branded Chinesium garbage. Sadly they are far from what the name implies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lantac Tin bcg $280 shipped (there’s a free shipping code on the site)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021757211

Downloads
    Uploads
    noveske 10.5" gen 1 factory SBRs for $1250 seems like a pretty decent deal to me. wish I could own one.
    http://www.wideopenarmory.com/search...eyword=noveske

Downloads
    Uploads
    Posted on the Noveske thread, but in case you didn't see it.

Noveske NHR, NQR, NSR's on clearance $89.99 to $99.99

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Nov...G-s/186279.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's a hell of a time to be looking for ammo but if anyone has a lead on quality 77 grain OTM ammo for my 5.56 SBR that would be great. I am looking for 100 rounds only.

I could load some myself but I think I want to go commercial in this instance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Stone; 18 July 2020 at 21:19.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I ordered the Black Hills stuff because generally all of their ammo is great and Midway had a free shipping deal. It's still not inexpensive ammo. Absolutely NOTHING is in stock anywhere near me so the free shipping was nice. I might try some of the tipped SMK rounds later on (maybe). I wonder if anyone has strong opinions either way between the OTM bullet vs the tipped one?

I think this is the first time I've tried to buy 5.56 ammo in several years. I've been rolling my own for a very long time.

As far as the 77's go, Molon and others have discussed it here on more than one occasion what makes for good home defense/terminal performance ammo out of an SBR. Believe it or not I actually do try to listen and absorb information from all of you guys. Basically I wanted to have a few mags of the good stuff just in case.

The 300BLK doesn't have a light on it (yet) but the 5.56 gun does so I figure the 5.56 will be fine for a night stand rifle or should I ever decide to travel with it. I just wanted commercially produced ammo and all over the place various people have always told me in a short barrel the heavier grain bullets perform better terminally.

If you have any better ideas I am all ears.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This article sums up what I would say:
    "Barrier Blind Loads

There has been a shift away from fragmenting ammunition and toward barrier-blind/bonded loads. Doctor Roberts' latest take on this: "For LE and other individuals not restricted by the Hague convention, because of their good terminal performance across a wide spectrum of potential engagement scenarios, the bonded barrier blind projectiles have moved ahead of the fragmenting OTM loads we previously recommended, as the best general purpose loads available."

Also: "If you are, then why are you concerned about properly engineered blind to barrier 5.56 mm loads, since ALL of the current effective barrier blind ammunition penetrates NO more than service caliber handgun ammunition in the event of a miss. For that matter, the recommended 7.62 x 51mm loads for 16" rifle use, like the Rem 150 gr Core Locked Ultra Bonded, penetrate the same depth as handgun rounds...

The better bonded loads like TBBC, are definitely MORE effective than the TSX style all copper bullets, as they expand better, retain more mass, and offer a larger surface area, especially through intermediate barriers.

The current generation of LE barrier blind loads like 5.56 mm Federal 62 gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (TBBC) bonded JSP (XM556FBIT3) and 5.56 mm Winchester 64 gr solid base bonded JSP (Q3313/RA556B) developed for the FBI, are at 5.56 mm pressures using appropriate crimped & sealed primers, sealed case neck, same trajectory as M855 so it matches many common ACOG BDC's, etc... The new Black Hills 5.56 mm 50 gr TSX loading is another 5.56 mm offering which offers many of these same features--it matches closely with 5.56 mm 55 gr M193 practice ammo..."

To summarize: Fragmenting loads are still fine if you can anticipate unobstructed shots, but even a home owner may have to deal with barriers and could potentially benefit from barrier blind loads. Should you panic and throw out all your heavy OTM stuff? Not at all - you might simply want to keep the above paragraphs in mind.

If using a short-barreled weapon: The same guidelines apply as for barrier penetration loads. SBRs usually have insufficient velocity to achieve fragmentation velocity.

As per Doctor Roberts: "Keep in mind, that with non-fragmenting bullet designs, heavier bullet weights are not necessarily better, especially at closer ranges and from shorter barrels. As long as penetration and upset remain adequate, it is possible to use lighter weight non-fragmenting bullets and still have outstanding terminal performance. With fragmenting designs, a heavier bullet is ideal, as it provides more potential fragments and still allows the central core to have enough mass for adequate penetration. In addition, heavier bullets may have an advantage at longer ranges due to better BC and less wind drift."

https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Se...mozTocId803443

In a nutshell my top four are:
    62gr Federal Trophy Bonded Bear Claw (TBBC) bonded JSP (XM556FBIT3)
    50gr, 62g, 70g, TSX loaded by Black Hills
    MK318- This one penetrates deep 24" or more in bare gel.*
    Speer 75g Bonded which is designed for shorter barrels. Great round and has a low BC
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Says its in stock but when I try to add it to the cart it says OOS... Weird.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Says its in stock but when I try to add it to the cart it says OOS... Weird.
    Now it's OOS, that went fast, as expected.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Now it's OOS, that went fast, as expected.
    Interesting that V1 is selling their January 2021 allocation: https://v1tactical.com/product/mars-l-stripped/

BTW, V1 seems new to scene as and as an LMT dealer. I placed an order with them last month for a few LMT items and I received my order very promptly and my invoice came with a hand signed "thank you" and a V1 Tactical sticker so first impressions where very good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, V1 has LMT MWS stripped lower for $260 https://v1tactical.com/product/308mws-stripped/

These are the older non-ambi lowers but that's a pretty good price. Personally, I'd pay $100 extra and wait for the MARS-H lower, but passing along...

Downloads
    Uploads
    BOG “death grip” carbon fiber tripod $179 shipped

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020678542

Downloads
    Uploads
    Midsouth Shooters Supply is showing RCBS Chargemasters for $244.49 after $75 Mail in Rebate. That's the best price I recall seeing since a Black Friday deal a few years ago.