Page 104 of 248 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Griffin Armament SN-ACH $69.95 at Aim Surplus.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...ndle&groupid=6
    Now $80.95 MAP?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Now $80.95 MAP?
    I bet if you emailed Griffin here directly, they'd hook you up. THey offer special WEVO member pricing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I actually thought about you when I saw that... Prices are on par for Noveske I suppose. The Gen 1 looks much better to me IMO...
    WTF are they thinking with those prices?

Used to be a proud canvas for a rattle can cammo job, now people will have a sob when they accidentally get caviar on their receiver. Pandering to the hipster crowd right down to the oh-so exclusive price tag. That's sad...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    WTF are they thinking with those prices?

Used to be a proud canvas for a rattle can cammo job, now people will have a sob when they accidentally get caviar on their receiver. Pandering to the hipster crowd right down to the oh-so exclusive price tag. That's sad...
    I can't say much since I've paid similar prices for recievers, I paid almost $190 for my BAD-15 lower. Those Noveske prices are the same as they have been, matched Chainsaw Gen 1 recievers are $399. The hard to get recievers to get now are forged Umbrellas these days, and they're a little less than the Noveskes.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, but $610 for a forged set? Granted, I just paid $197 for a San Tan upper, but higher than that and they can keep it. Everybody has a price point, I guess, I just can't see paying that much of a premium for something that's not compelling in advanced design or materials.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back when prices were up I paid $260 for a seekins SP223 lower. No idea what the prices are now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Yeah, but $610 for a forged set? Granted, I just paid $197 for a San Tan upper, but higher than that and they can keep it. Everybody has a price point, I guess, I just can't see paying that much of a premium for something that's not compelling in advanced design or materials.
    The $610 is for the billet Gen 3 set, the forged is $350. When the Gen 3 first came out they quoted me $350 for the lower and $316 for the upper, so they've came down a little.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I didn't think they did billet, or maybe I misread a comment that it wouldn't have happened in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I love Noveske stuff, I just feel that the company has changed a lot from what it originally was.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gen 1 and 2 are forged. Gen 2 has been discontinued for Gen 3 which is billet. My Gen 2 receivers were nicer than my 3, I sold my 3.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed the Gen 2's are kind of unobtanium, and the ones I have handled were all excellent. I have been happy with my chainsaw Gen 1, but I can't say it's any nicer than the blem PSA lowers you get for 50 bucks and the Noveske was like 150 with Apex membership. You pay for the rollmark, period. I just finally had to break down and buy a lower that was made in Oregon, have ones from Idaho and Washington lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost didn't want to post these, don't want people thinking I'm a caviar eating hipster lol. But here's the different Generations Joel, Forged Gen 1 on top, Forged Gen 2 middle, and a Billet Gen 3.

I agree with a lot of what the other guys have already said, The Gen 1 is the cheapest Noveske set to get started in, but basically the same features as a PSA for 150$ less.

The Gen 2 though is likely one of the best forged receivers ever made with the Battle Arms forged set equally nice. Probably the only two forged sets I'd ever pay a premium for.

The Gen 3 has slightly better machining then the 2 but is Billet. I'll likely sell mine as the 2 & 3 are visually almost identical.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We know how you like to show off that Gen 1 color fill

Downloads
    Uploads

Deals and Hard To Find Items

Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    We know how you like to show off that Gen 1 color fill
    Haha nice one! Well you know It's my pride and joy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    The Gen 2 though is likely one of the best forged receivers ever made with the Battle Arms forged set equally nice. Probably the only two forged sets I'd ever pay a premium for.

The Gen 3 has slightly better machining then the 2 but is Billet. I'll likely sell mine as the 2 & 3 are visually almost identical.
    My Gen 3 had machining marks in it, the Gen 2's I've had have been Chainsaws and were about spotless. They were early chainsaws though. I've also got a BAD-15 lower that I SBR'd and it's nice, but not any nicer than the Mega forged lowers I've had. Mega's consistency with their quality is some of the best I've seen and they run about $114 for a forged.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

Deals and Hard To Find Items

Maybe mines a fluke but my gen 2 (left) has machine marks, while my Gen 3 (right) is perfect. The finish is another story though...

IMHO however none of the Noveske's are as nice as the CMT/Rainier mod 3's lowers like the WEVO sets. If I were just getting into ARs I'd skip the Noveske, save 100$ and buy the Rainier. They really are exceptional, and one of the best out right now
    Last edited by DutyUse; 10 November 2015 at 13:18.