Page 125 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Damn an inch too long
    That's not what she said! :)

You building a 10.5? 11.5 isn't a bad choice at all. In fact I was back and forth on mine until I finally just picked something. Now I know. But if you have a choice in the matter still then an 11.5 is an extremely good choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That's not what she said! :)

You building a 10.5? 11.5 isn't a bad choice at all. In fact I was back and forth on mine until I finally just picked something. Now I know. But if you have a choice in the matter still then an 11.5 is an extremely good choice.
    I've got a 10.5" and an 11.5" and I think the 11.5 is the perfect length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I've got a 10.5" and an 11.5" and I think the 11.5 is the perfect length.

I have given a lot of thought to building an 11.5 and a 12.5 upper...but in hindsight I think I would probably go 11.5. Not that I am not extremely happy with what I have... just saying so... 11.5 ain't a bad choice at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna get the 10.3 Hanson profile , I have an obnoxious 7in barrel and wanted the shortest reliable 5.56 is the 11.5 really that much better ?It will be run suppressed only

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna get the 10.3 Hanson profile , I have an obnoxious 7in barrel and wanted the shortest reliable 5.56 is the 11.5 really that much better ?
    "Reliable" is one thing... but after owning and shooting and chronographing and doing all that jive.... an 11.5 will give you a lot more leeway in way of ammo. I say that in terms of this.... I think it was Molon or someone (probably him) who had some big study and it showed the distances and which what grain weights and types of bullets are reliably good for self defense.

Basically if you use a 77 or 75 grain bullet you are good to about 50 yards with a 10.5" barrel. Of course if someone was 75 yards out and you shot em it still wouldn't be nice... but that extra inch provides critical velocity that gives much more leeway in those kinds of terms.

I mean if you are shooting in a phone booth it won't matter... but if you say want to take your gun on a pig hunt or something it could make a big difference. That extra velocity between 10.5 and 11.5 does make a difference. And in fact 12.5 is probably the best all around SBR length for 'just everything'. Of course I am no expert but many people who are say 12.5 is the way to go.

At the end of the day whatever you pick is going to need to be made for the purpose you are using it for. 50 yards is a pretty good distance but if you can say extend your 'guaranteed bullet fragmentation range' out to say 75 yards it would be even better I think.

Again it boils down to your intended use. Also if you have a suppressor the longer you go the less wear on the can and the (technically) quieter it can be.

There are a number of reasons to go longer but again it all boils down to the purpose. If you are just shooting cans and plinking around it won't matter. But a 10.5 will still be plenty loud trust me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna get the 10.3 Hanson profile , I have an obnoxious 7in barrel and wanted the shortest reliable 5.56 is the 11.5 really that much better ?It will be run suppressed only
    Also as I found out, when it comes to 'reliability' you might have to tinker around a bit. JerryR gave me an H2 buffer and so far I haven't had a hitch one. Without it though I think my carrier speed was a bit too fast from over gassing. Again though that is going to be a function of the parts you use and the porting size and a number of factors... just know that you might have to tinker around with stuff to get the reliability you are after... at least I did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Umbrella Grip 23 + Minimalist LPK $39

Pretty good deal, plus their LPK's are super nice.

https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/lower...imalist-wgrip/

Downloads
    Uploads
    10% off starting from today, leading up to and including 4th of July

WEVO members please email me roger@forwardcontrolsdesign.com for WEVO discount

http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    10% off starting from today, leading up to and including 4th of July

WEVO members please email me roger@forwardcontrolsdesign.com for WEVO discount

http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/
    LOL... love the coupon code Roger!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooooh Battle Kitty .458will need some shiny new bling!!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you guys, enough of the boring codes. I don't like to mix my company with politics, I think it's generally assumed that if you're in the business, you're a troops loving, liberal repelling and patriotic conservative.

Judging by what happened with Team Wendy and plenty of other prior examples, I realized how wrong this assumption had been. I figure it's Okay to let the world know what we stand for now and then, even though nobody asked for my opinion.

Richard, do you mind posting the code in Announcements? Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Umbrella Grip 23 + Minimalist LPK $39

Pretty good deal, plus their LPK's are super nice.

https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/lower...imalist-wgrip/
    I was pleasantly surprised today when my LPKs showed up. They may not ever bring their BCGs back, but at least they're shipping small parts.

I've used the UCWRG LPK before and thought it was really nice. This was a good opportunity to round out my Grip 23 collection as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really? No more Umbrella BCG's?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Their FB page stated that they're making changes on the BCG.