Page 150 of 248 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3707
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    They have to make room for the Gen2 UltraMatch... you'll probably want one of those too!
    I'll upgrade my 18" later lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have to make room for the Gen2 UltraMatch... you'll probably want one of those too!
    What changed?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    What changed?
    Nothing that affects accuracy. Cosmetic so far.

Colt Stripped Lowers and Uppers

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=SP63528
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...key=LE6920-LWR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing that affects accuracy. Cosmetic so far.

Colt Stripped Lowers and Uppers

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=SP63528
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...key=LE6920-LWR
    Worst timing in the world

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Worst timing in the world
    Worst pricing in the world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Worst pricing in the world.
    Heh. If you've ever been tracking cloners the going rate for M4A1 marked colts are $500-700 with M4 Carbine marked ones like this going for slightly less. If you're not into that I'd rather get a KAC lower

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah usually all I ever see are fully built Colt lowers; the 6920s are usually $400+
    $250 for a stripped one is a deal since I don't need the parts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Yeah usually all I ever see are fully built Colt lowers; the 6920s are usually $400+
    $250 for a stripped one is a deal since I don't need the parts
    The real question (in general, perhaps not specific to that listing) is if it's truly a Colt lower. I bought a fully built "Colt" M4 Carbine from Arms Unlimited but all evidence after the fact indicates that it was actually an Expanse lower. It functioned perfectly fine, just wasn't as pretty as Colt's manufacturing, so I kept it and F1'ed it, but still kind of annoying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The real question (in general, perhaps not specific to that listing) is if it's truly a Colt lower. I bought a fully built "Colt" M4 Carbine from Arms Unlimited but all evidence after the fact indicates that it was actually an Expanse lower. It functioned perfectly fine, just wasn't as pretty as Colt's manufacturing, so I kept it and F1'ed it, but still kind of annoying.
    I knew the Expanse uppers weren't fully Colt's but were Expanse lowers not the same? I know they had the same rolls marks, so it seems silly to have 2 different lines making the same thing, but I could picture it.

I think I would rather have 2 OEM's vs a couple of the stripped lowers on a cost basis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aero assembled uppers $67 at Monmouth reloading

http://www.monmouthreloading.com/sho...pper-receiver/

Stripped $60

Downloads
    Uploads
    I knew the Expanse uppers weren't fully Colt's but were Expanse lowers not the same? I know they had the same rolls marks, so it seems silly to have 2 different lines making the same thing, but I could picture it.

I think I would rather have 2 OEM's vs a couple of the stripped lowers on a cost basis.
    Initially, based off of what I researched, the Expanse lowers had "Colt M4 Carbine" roll marks. Then they didn't for a while. I'm not sure if they went back to that roll mark. My particular lower had all of the Expanse properties, to include non-USGI hammer, non-USGI trigger (which I literally just discovered today when replacing it with a G-trigger), non-Colt machining (tough to prove, but none-the-less a thing), etc.

The word on the internet (there's a M4C thread about it) was that initially the Expanse rifles had "M4 Carbine" roll marks but were machined in TX. Then the Expanse lowers got a different less-than-Colt roll mark. It seems that Arms Unlimited (and I'm sure others) took complete Expanse rifles and split them up so the could sell various parts. I have a Colt bolt that also seems to have come from an Expanse upper, based on all of the evidence.

The whole thing is frustrating, but wasn't worth my time trying to prove to a vendor. And at the end of the day, the lower fits as good as or better than my other known-Colt lowers, so meh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not surprised by this. I know that Expanse guns were being stripped down for M4 Carbine Lowers, as I was thinking about doing the same thing. Buying a couple of Expanse guns so I could keep the lowers and dump the lowers to recoup some of my money. However, like you mentioned they quit having the M4 Carbine roll marks and I couldn't find a reliable dealer that would check the markings for me. I ended up forgetting that idea and moved on to other things.

Reminds me of the Colt Competition guns that weren't actually Colts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    *SALE LIVE NOW* 5.56 Muzzle Brakes are back in stock and at a new, lower price! Subsonic 300BLK 187gr is 30% OFF when you order 10 or more boxes! Inert Silencers now 20% OFF! Hurry while supplies last!

https://gemtech.com/store.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    1000 rounds shipped for $220 with code: MAU

http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/...ampaign=Itwine
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa